General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

R3D
level3
level3

Postby R3D » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:43 am

Schubdüse wrote:Hehe, that's a real early drama for a tourney. :P
But every tourney needs a drama.

I would suggest to wait untill this weekend is over.
Mrmot, let's pm our team members and ask them when they want to start to play.
Maybe we have some time zone issues here. Btw, I don't like the idea to trade players, who have already played for their team.

The pause duration is still not fixed. The server just closed when Ace, Baton, R3D and me were about to end the game.
R3D dropped and after some minutes on pause the server shut down.
Maybe this is also preventing players to play?

maybe I should resign i allready destroyed 3 or 4 games :?
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:48 am

R3D wrote:

Maybe we have some time zone issues here. Btw, I don't like the idea to trade players, who have already played for their team.

The pause duration is still not fixed. The server just closed when Ace, Baton, R3D and me were about to end the game.

Read my edit too, pls.
Vorsprung durch Kraft - Triebwerke saugen - Präzisionsarbeit... Schubdüse.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:09 am

at first,this server prob was preventing me to play, but my main prob is, i cannot play in the main game time.
main game time is between circa 6 pm - 10 pm gmt. in this time it is nearly not possible to play 2v2 tourney(especially tourney, maybe more specs?) because of a too low internet connection and also my private life(girl). at morning, at afternoon and very late evenning eu time i am nearly always around. but not every evenning at around 10-11pm gmt i am not always fit enough to play for 3-4 hours. i need for one 2v2 game minimum 3 hours(waiting and game time). 2 days ago i tried to play but there were already enough players around. i am always too late. same in that last crashed game. maybe 20 mins too late thats all!
tomorrow or on sunday i will have my first 1v1 tourney game against r3d at (late)afternoon eu time. so you can all see i am not a coward. btw, i really hope my voodoo will work fine. :lol:
i really want to play 2v2 but at 11 or 12 pm gmt it is mostly too late for me, especially tourneys
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon/viewtopic.php?p=115930#115930
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:09 am

Edit: As captain I would like to accept Batons surrender and claim a victory for Team HOTU.
But before I post this game, I would like to hear the opinions of some specs (I think some Worm Dings were around) and R3D.
Were Ace and me about to win this game?

I was there and you and ace were about to win. Pm your players. If you and mot can't make a trade to accommodate more players and games, I will. If you guys have a problem with that then pm me plz. I won't do this here anymore.
R3D
level3
level3

Postby R3D » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:21 am

Schubdüse wrote:
R3D wrote:

Read my edit too, pls.

if you got the rest of eu so alle our citys was under 0,2 you win i ges
but we would stil hit all your citys (17 subs 11 silos) i markt wb so i know we could
so i think you and ace are the best to decide who won i wil accept your decision :wink:
Nukraine
level2
level2

Postby Nukraine » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:57 am

@ Turgon: I have already made numerous attempts to have a tourney and have already participated in one. I cannot help that my time is limited and your server is busy.

If there is a problem you can drop me (would be sad) but i will not be forced / coerced into playing games.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:16 am

R3D wrote:so i think you and ace are the best to decide who won i wil accept your decision :wink:

Well, 3/4 already said post it, so my vote isn't needed. :wink:

It's nearly impossible to say who would win (can you tell the future?). I think it would have been close after schubs nuked the UK. My subs were chasing yours (R3D), however you had cv's to prevent them. On the other hand, I would have had time to go home and refill cv's and come back to defend.

I watched the recording all the way through and after it shut down the CPU's finished (not sure how that works) and HOTU did win. :P

Lastly, I didn't notice that Baton lost a silo; must have been all the explosions. :mrgreen:

http://sfcon.demoszenen.de/dcrec/2012-0 ... _21.49.zip
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:53 am

Schubdüse wrote:The pause duration is still not fixed. The server just closed when Ace, Baton, R3D and me were about to end the game.

Oh, f**k. I am such a noob of admin. :oops:
I did the 20 fingertips to fix it finally.
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:59 pm

thx for the fix sen. I know ur busy and i really appreciate it.

Mrmot has quit the tour . If r3d is willing he can be the captain. With mot out im only going to move 1 active player to r3ds team. R3d and schubb can decide who they would like to move
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Turgon wrote:thx for the fix sen. I know ur busy and i really appreciate it.

Mrmot has quit the tour . If r3d is willing he can be the captain. With mot out im only going to move 1 active player to r3ds team. R3d and schubb can decide who they would like to move

This is most ridiculous tourney ever participated and not because of players who i fought but because of your noobish leading of it. And it's not you who said i quit but me who do not want to participate to this comedy anymore.

Just for chronicle Turgon sent Pm "ordering" that i have accept jon and care bear and leave baton which i refused and said him he can end this buffoonery.

Last edited by Mrmot on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:49 pm

Mrmot wrote:
Turgon wrote:thx for the fix sen. I know ur busy and i really appreciate it.

This is most ridiculous tourney ever participated. And it's not you who said i quit but me who do not want to participate to this comedy anymore.

Just for chronicle Turgon sent Pm "ordering" that i have accept jon and care bear and leave baton which i refused and said him he can end this buffoonery.

No mot nobody ordered you to take jon and bear. I asked you to make a deal with schub for players of your choice. If you guys didn't make the minor swap b4 Sunday I was going to move the players myself. You said no. Then you said if I made the changes you'd quit. So i accept your resignation. I'm sorry you feel the way you do. Ill show the other captains mots resignation pm if they would like to have a look.
R3D
level3
level3

Postby R3D » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:06 pm

can we piz stop fighting and find a way do make it work (bastards)

turgon, why move baton to duse team? all the good players are ther allready (lady zore inactiv)

huto vs wormkings (activ)

level 1 players
ace....R3D
duse...mot
gro..

level 2
turgon...baton
fy..........nuki
jon........blacky
yc....

dont see how it gets more fair to move baton

if mot quit(what a idiot) i want ace to make it fair duse can have both lady and zoro for him
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:09 pm

It depends most on how much a good player plays. MOT and R3D are good and play a lot thus are more valuable.
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:32 pm

R3D wrote:can we piz stop fighting and find a way do make it work (bastards)

turgon, why move baton to duse team? all the good players are ther allready (lady zore inactiv)

huto vs wormkings (activ)

level 1 players
ace....R3D
duse...mot
gro..

level 2
turgon...baton
fy..........nuki
jon........blacky
yc....

dont see how it gets more fair to move baton

if mot quit(what a idiot) i want ace to make it fair duse can have both lady and zoro for him

Ya he quit. All I would like to do is move an active player to team red and move an inactive from team R3d. It can be anyone as I have said several times in several posts. I only mentioned baton because no one else had any worth while or constructive suggestions. Just alot of bitching and complaining. So for the record the players moved can be anyone of yours and schubs choice. If you guys can't decide then Ill make the switch. Pretty simple I think but as you've read Im a baffoon :D (I like that word)
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Geez guys,
the whole day I'm swallowing my own nose pus and my gut is playing DJ. (Hope wine will do the trick :P). And now this!
First I wanted to pm players, but then I sensed that it would take too long to get answers. Then I wanted to make a thread, in which tourney players should have state, when they finally start to play. Then we could have changed players, who haven't played so far, but would definitely play in the future accordingly.
(I just don't like idea to trade players which have already contributed to their team.)

To be honest, I can't see any problems at the moment. Ok, in the beginning the tour started sluggish. But now the server is fixed and we have about 8 games.
As far as I know from each team 6 players have played, so far. Are there really more HOTUs on the server as Worm Dings?
Let's consider in 3 weeks there are more Worm Dings on the server. Do we then mix up the teams again?

About the strenght of the teams: I think it's 5:4 for Worm Dings...
Vorsprung durch Kraft - Triebwerke saugen - Präzisionsarbeit... Schubdüse.

Return to “General”