Listen up bitches and pros and whatever you call yourself...

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Knudsen
level1
level1

Listen up bitches and pros and whatever you call yourself...

Postby Knudsen » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:57 pm

When you press "Request alliance" with me, Knudsen / ZombieApocalypse / Poseidon Energy / Vault-Tec / COMRAD3 / DuJa or whatever I call myself that day remember this..

YOU REQUESTED THE ALLIANCE WITH ME! I almost never request alliances.

That means:

Do not fucking tell me every little thing you want me to do like "place BS here, place BS there, place silos here, sail this BS there etc. etc. and so forth." I am good enough at this game to know what I am doing. Yes you may be more experienced than me, and yes you may be right sometimes but more often it just fails miserably because I am not comfortable enough to play YOUR game.

I am your ALLY, not your SUBORDINATE! I will never backstab you, I will always play to get the best possible outcome for the team but on my OWN terms, kthxbai.

Of course I am open to suggestions, tactics discussions but some of you demand to much, and take away the game and just want other players to behave like your extended territory, that you have complete command over and it is pissing me off, and I imagine it pisses a lot of newer players off as well.

Especially when your tactic with your ally fail, if you call it out like it was the allys fault, well it wasn't. I didn't know how to play what you wanted, didn't know exactly what to expect so of course I failed in a completely new tactic for me.

I never tell people how to play unless they ask for advice, because it is a fucking game. I play it to relax, not to please you!

/rant

Have a nice day.

Knudsen
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:07 pm

play YOUR game.

Playing a team game means following one single plan or losing.
Knudsen
level1
level1

Postby Knudsen » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:20 pm

Pick out a single quote and use it to slander the message, well well.

I just lost respect for you.

I stand by my words and the world doesn't *actually* end if we lose.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:38 pm

Knudsen wrote:Pick out a single quote and use it to slander the message, well well.

Whole your message is idiotic, I could use any part of it but was too lazy since all that bullshit was posted here about 600 times already.

If you don't like being ordered in game you can:
a) Stop playing Defcon;
b) Deny alliances;
c) Close chat box.

There's no "d) cry like a little bitch about it" there.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:54 pm

rus|Mike wrote:
Knudsen wrote:Pick out a single quote and use it to slander the message, well well.

Whole your message is idiotic, I could use any part of it but was too lazy since all that bullshit was posted here about 600 times already.

If you don't like being ordered in game you can:
a) Stop playing Defcon;
b) Deny alliances;
c) Close chat box.

There's no "d) cry like a little bitch about it" there.

There is however an e.

e) Ignore the person giving you orders.

They may kick you from the alliance, or backstab you, or harangue you in chat, but it is certainly your choice to play the game as you see fit. You could even try discussing it with the other person/people in the alliance.

xander
Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:43 am

When I used to smurf, I would often run into these "bossy" characters, and I found the best solution would be to immmediately place wagonwheel fleets, and randomly scattered silos. This would make them either quit the game - after saying something like, "sorry guys, my ally is an absolute noob" (very true) - or shut their traps and just get on with it.

...when I wasn't drunk, a few "expertly" placed BB scouts would usually quiten them down and make them SHOW SOME FACKING RESPECT!!1 :P
Eral
level4
level4

Postby Eral » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Blackbeard wrote:When I used to smurf, I would often run into these "bossy" characters, and I found the best solution would be to immmediately place wagonwheel fleets, and randomly scattered silos. This would make them either quit the game - after saying something like, "sorry guys, my ally is an absolute noob" (very true) - or shut their traps and just get on with it.

...when I wasn't drunk, a few "expertly" placed BB scouts would usually quiten them down and make them SHOW SOME FACKING RESPECT!!1 :P

+1
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Join MAX for an alliance. You don't get orders, only epic backstabs!
Noryb
level2
level2

Re: Listen up bitches and pros and whatever you call yoursel

Postby Noryb » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:34 am

Knudsen wrote:Do not fucking tell me every little thing you want me to do like "place BS here, place BS there, place silos here, sail this BS there etc. etc. and so forth." I am good enough at this game to know what I am doing. Yes you may be more experienced than me, and yes you may be right sometimes but more often it just fails miserably because I am not comfortable enough to play YOUR game.

Maybe you should just do 1v1s. Sounds like it would save a lot of people from getting frustrated.

Knudsen wrote:I will never backstab you

Why would that even need saying?
Pure Amazing
level1
level1

Postby Pure Amazing » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Eral wrote:
Blackbeard wrote: This would make them either quit the game - after saying something like, "sorry guys, my ally is an absolute noob" (very true) - or shut their traps and just get on with it.

Totally agree with you there, I hate it when people have a tantrum just because they are with a noob, then they demand to restart the game when I have been waiting for some time trying to get a match in the first place. They are just being dam selfish.
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:19 pm

You sir are an Idiot..

if you cant take orders and consider yourself good then perhaps you should give the other player orders instead?? if not then shut up and dont play 2 v 2..

thanks
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:18 pm

I just played a classic 2v2v2 and everyone rage quit when I schooled them. Man, sore losers. Nobody beats MAX, it seems?
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:54 am

MAXtheMASTER wrote:I just played a classic 2v2v2 and everyone rage quit when I schooled them. Man, sore losers. Nobody beats MAX, it seems?

o_0

Return to “General”