Technical support for all issues relating to Defcon Linux

Moderator: Defcon moderators

carebear
level3
level3

1.6 version for linux ?

Postby carebear » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:14 pm

Hey !

Does anyone knows when the 1.6 version for linux will be done ?

Thx. :)
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:41 am

No, but it just adds achievements and translations, one of which simply does not exist on Linux. So it's not a big loss.
carebear
level3
level3

Postby carebear » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:32 pm

oh ok ok ... but I noticed so few behavior deferences between the windows and the linux client ... windows user can shoot at their own fighters with icbm and that can be usefull to unable the opponent to make triangulation of the silos locations (recently shown with video on a topic from MOR) ... linux client can't do that ... ... also .. it seems that it's not possible with the linux client to destroy radars before defcon1 by crashing fighterss on it ... I tried yesterday and that didn't worked (confirmation of that's working on another linux client will be welcome) ....
So .. eventually, here is what it can be add to the linux version to get same behaviors between windows and linux clients ... anyway .. GREAT GAME! :D

thx for all.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Targeting your own units definitely is possible. You just have to drag-click: select the attacking unit, press and hold the LMB next to the target, drag the cursor on top of the target, release. This circumvents the selection of the target; that happens on the mouse button press, not release.

Killing silos should also be possible, that's in the basic game code for ages. If it wouldn't work, you'd get sync errors quite frequently. it just requires much more micromanagement and attention than I ever was able to dedicate, so I can't *confirm* it works.
carebear
level3
level3

Postby carebear » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:57 pm

hmmm ok ok i'll try harder for some time too be sure ... and, another thing ... the actual linux version doesn't sign scores :p ... just FYI .. :)

thx, c ya. :)
carebear
level3
level3

Postby carebear » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:06 pm

hehehe ok I kill my own fighters now !!! \o/

Return to “Linux Troubleshooting”