Defcon in september

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Avenged
level2
level2

Postby Avenged » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:03 pm

Yes, but only at my level. I havent qualified for you level of superior sarcasm yet.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:08 pm

Avenged wrote:Yes, but only at my level. I havent qualified for you level of superior sarcasm yet.

Obviously not. You made a stupid comment, were called on it, then tried to use sarcasm to cover it up. Then, upon being called on that, you attempted sarcasm yet again. May I suggest a different tactic? Like puns, for instance.

By the way, why do you keep throwing Russian nobility into pits? Your casual use of Tsar chasms is rather disturbing...

xander
Avenged
level2
level2

Postby Avenged » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:43 pm

Nope, i was just having fun. I like writing stupid shit cos your replies are far more amusing than anything i could dream up. Even when your insulting me! Which is most of the time. Oww now ive gone off topic :oops:
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:48 pm

Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:49 pm

Montyphy wrote:--==<snip==--

That made me larf.

xander
maed
level1
level1

Postby maed » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:07 pm

You have no heart :twisted:

Well, I guess that's what you get if you fuck around with wild animals.

Although being killed by a stingray is a death that occurs like... almost never.
Chittix
level2
level2

Postby Chittix » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:05 pm

Sad thing, but at least he died in a manner befitting his passion, rather than, say, getting hit by a bus or falling down some stairs.
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:38 pm

Chittix wrote:Sad thing, but at least he died in a manner befitting his passion, rather than, say, getting hit by a bus or falling down some stairs.

Indeed. If I were to die with a broken foil through my heart, I wouldn't be too terribly upset (of course, I would be dead, so I wouldn't be feeling much of anything...).

xander
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:18 pm

xander wrote:
Chittix wrote:Sad thing, but at least he died in a manner befitting his passion, rather than, say, getting hit by a bus or falling down some stairs.

Indeed. If I were to die with a broken foil through my heart, I wouldn't be too terribly upset (of course, I would be dead, so I wouldn't be feeling much of anything...).

xander

I dunno, I think it would of been more fitting for Steve to die by a croc, rather than a stingray. For you to die with a broken foil would be expected. It would be more like you getting choked to death by your mask slipping off one day.

NeoThermic
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:48 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
xander wrote:

xander

I dunno, I think it would of been more fitting for Steve to die by a croc, rather than a stingray. For you to die with a broken foil would be expected. It would be more like you getting choked to death by your mask slipping off one day.

NeoThermic

You do make a valid point. I don't agree, however. It would have been the perfect death if he had been bitten by a croc or snake, but he was killed by a wild animal while (no doubt) taunting it. It is perhaps more akin to me being run through by an epee, rather than a foil.

xander
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:51 pm

xander wrote:he was killed by a wild animal while (no doubt) taunting it.

Actually he wasn't taunting it. It was due to an unforntunate positon of him (behind the ray), and the camera man (infront of the ray). The stingray felt trapped, and thus lashed out, killing Steve.

NeoThermic
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:59 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
xander wrote:he was killed by a wild animal while (no doubt) taunting it.

Actually he wasn't taunting it. It was due to an unforntunate positon of him (behind the ray), and the camera man (infront of the ray). The stingray felt trapped, and thus lashed out, killing Steve.

NeoThermic

Bah. Semantics. I would consider that taunting.

xander
Chittix
level2
level2

Postby Chittix » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:24 pm

They probably knew enough about marine life to be aware of the stingray feeling threatened. I'd call it taunting as well.
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:25 pm

xander wrote:
Avenged wrote:Yes, but only at my level. I havent qualified for you level of superior sarcasm yet.

Obviously not. You made a stupid comment, were called on it, then tried to use sarcasm to cover it up. Then, upon being called on that, you attempted sarcasm yet again. May I suggest a different tactic? Like puns, for instance.

By the way, why do you keep throwing Russian nobility into pits? Your casual use of Tsar chasms is rather disturbing...

xander

Ugh! Nice pun. :D
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:38 pm

Phelanpt wrote:
xander wrote:

xander

Ugh! Nice pun. :D

There is no such thing as an objectively "nice" pun -- the quality of a pun is in the oi of the beholder.

xander

Return to “General”