[sfcon sponsored] Generic Tourney Disscusion/Rant Thread

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Nightwatch wrote:This is not about losing a game - like that would be new

Are your sure? Do you know we are joking about you like: "Dont lose with Nightwatch, it will all be your fault."

And if you would have given up to flame synth maybe there would have been space for seii and me to celebrate our glorious victory in such a unfavorable setup.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:11 pm

Wow rus, that was syn quitting the game after telling us that he is glad i lost the game.
But better dont post that comment, people around here could get the wrong impression.

trickser wrote:
Nightwatch wrote:This is not about losing a game - like that would be new

Are your sure? Do you know we are joking about you like: "Dont lose with Nightwatch, it will all be your fault."
Actually yes i do. And i dont get it. Cause i lose about 1 out 3 games in tourneys and rarely lose a word about it. In fact if i feel responsible for the loss i dont hold back with it.
Seems to me some just cant handle criticism.
And again, its not about loss. I did my share for losing the game, no question. This is about my ally lining up his fleet in beautiful formations while watching it all fall apart.
Please dont tell me that you wouldnt get fed up over it. Even now, looking at the screen makes me angry. You dont do this.

trickser wrote:
And if you would have given up to flame synth maybe there would have been space for seii and me to celebrate our glorious victory in such a unfavorable setup.
Dont be ridiculous. You can celebrate all you want. Shoudlnt be a problem inspite of everyone jumping at me
Groeteschele
level2
level2

Postby Groeteschele » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:11 pm

Nightwatch wrote:Antoher question alltogether is why everyones jumping on me when i analyse a game...

It's because not everyone sees an analysing of a game but your dictator's manners. Have you ever admitted you caused a loss of your team? If so, did you apologize to your mate?
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:35 pm

It's because not everyone sees an analysing of a game but your dictator's manners.

I fail to see me as one with dictators manners. But of course i dont see anything wrong with criticising conduct in a game.
So it must be me.

Have you ever admitted you caused a loss of your team? If so, did you apologize to your mate?

Please read those two sentences and ask yourself why this is not just hilarious.
But to play your game, yes, i indeed did that on several occations. Just ask Yellow Cake if he can remember our last game with me as NA.

Seriously, whats going on here? I have an ally publicly stating that hes glad to see me lose after he fucked me over roally during the game and everyones jumping on me? Just look at the last page if you care at all. Nothing about dear old syn. Oh no, he gets the pass on everything cause its screw Nightwatch day.
How phatetic.

Man do i miss the old days when you could actually write something negative about the conduct of others during gaming. Seems like that is over now.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:51 pm

It actually amused me, but you looked so angry, I felt sympathie.
Now shut up, cause I wont hug you.
Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:58 pm

Do Zen meditation before each game and then laugh when misfortune arises :lol: .
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:02 am

1. Nightwatch, in a normal South America vs. North America setup, South America was supposed to defend so they can make MRBM launches and SRBM launches from the bombers to attack US cities. So in reality, Synthethic did do a good job.

2. You are right when Synthethic did not benefit you, but you are wrong when you said that Synthethic did nothing. He did a good job guarding your rear, but the thing is that Synthethic ONLY did what you asked. I think that it's your poor leadership and cooperation with the others that cost you the game. If you told him to at the least be creative in trying to guard your rear, then you actually have a chance to win.

3. WHAT THE HELL WAS WITH THE POINT WITH THE SUBS IN THE PACIFIC? They serve NO PURPOSE in there when doing the Asia vs. Russia setup! You just need a fleet to stop Senator's Armada of ships and that was it. The Indonesian Waters will serve as a bad tactical ground for Senator and you can outflank him with bombers and he will have to retreat. You don't need subs for that!!!

Back to you. I didn’t lose a single subs in battle against senator, nor did I launch one.

What do you mean you never launched one!? You were supposed to use the subs ASAP! Bad momentum is another factor that you lost along with the poor positioning of the submarines.

4. Asia was NOT supposed to open the silos to attack the Russian cities!!! The subs and the bombers were supposed to do that JOB! The silos are meant to entice the enemy to launch the Russian silos or not to activate it at all and just defend it and when the Victory Timer starts, nuke randomly at all the Russian cities to bring it down to zero.

5. Overall, it was your poor judgement that cost your game. To me, this was your biggest defeat and your biggest disgrace yet. If you were to honor commanders (like Synthethic, Senator, and seii taishogun), this game would have gone as a normal defeat, but your attitude shows otherwise.

rus|Mike wrote:
Nightwatch wrote:I didnt "badmouth" him, i just said what he did wrong from my point of view.

The word "fucking idiot" shows it all.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:07 am

Oh boy, we definitely reached a new low with game analysis from Yoshi.
Let me enlighten you.

To 1)
Unfortunately this is not North America vs South America. This is 2 v 2 making the task of SA much larger.
So syn did surely a good job cleaning NA. Never said otherwise. But it only starts here.
The irony of it all is that he would have lost a 1v1 with that performance as well. Because he just sit there and did nothing while NA cleaned him better than he did with NA.

To 2) Syn did guard my rear? Wtf are you talking about? My rear was in indic, the main force of my fleet in pac. Nothing to guard in pac. In fact, he should have gone to atlantic to guard his own coastline from sublaunches in southatl.
Oh and I did tell him to go to atl and later to do something at all. He didn’t. In fact he couldn’t even say to me where NAs were. So sure I could have chosen to scream and yell at him the entire game but since it would have been turned against me anyway im glad I didn’t.
I don’t have to tell my ally to use his fleet. That is sooo basic even you would be able to do it without handholding.

To 3) Oh boy. Imagine for a second that I don’t have the full picture at hand. Imagine for a second that Russian silos could have been in far east to protect NA with both fleets in pac.
In a possible fight against Senators hole fleet in need every advantage I can get. especially if I need to beat him without losing to much nukes. My subs did their job killing his BBs, I lost none and got them back in time for a possible launch. Only it was irrelevant by then and I didn’t bother.

And no, it doesn’t matter shit when I launch subs. Iam by now means supposed to launch them Asap. Stop talking to me like that, your tactics are hilarious at best. This is not 1v1 with the Star. This was random cities to begin with which everyone seems to ignore.

To 4) Again, this is not 1v1. This is not a star of India game. This was a random 2v2, a hell of a lot more factor are in play.
But anyway, I didn’t open silos to launch on cities. I oponed silos in a do or die move - cause we were essentially fucked at this point - to get senators silos. Unfortunately I had bad luck with my radar coverage and noticed his approaching bombers to late. My airbases where not all in fighter mode and so he got silos. This was a do or die move gone wrong. It sucked, no question about it. But I fail to see what this has to do with my ally. Again, he gets a free pass on everything while I’m blamed. Really great.

To 5)
Oh Yoshi boy, two months ago. Do you really think you have the necessary knowledge of Defcon history let alone of me playing Defcon to even begin to think about what this loss could have been? Hilarious, just hilarious.
And my attitude is the problem? Oh sure. The only problem I see here is a bunch of players jumping at me while synthetic gets a free pass on everything if one cares to mention him at all.

And I stand to the fucking idiot posted immediately after the game. It was actually a very nice wording for telling me that hes glad I lost the game after he sit there watching it all fall apart and doing nothing about it.
But of course its my fault that They got more kills on him that he did inflict on NA. Its my fault that he got nuked to zero from south atl while his fleet did nothing.
But better not mention this, people could get the wrong impression.
Afterall Grand Master Yoshi has spoken.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:20 am

blah blah blah blah blah blah Years later and you're all playing the same old games blah blah blah blah blah
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:21 am

SPAM
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:22 am

SPAM

edited- by Vicious :D
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 am

I'M THE KING OF DEFCONSSSSSS!!!!!!

The sooner you all realize this, the sooner you can get on your knees and fellate my ego. You'll enjoy it just as much as I will. I PROMISE!!! SUBMIT TO MY DOMINANT AND SUPREME POWERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blah

get a new hobby. Ego masturbation is a lonely game.
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:29 am

well i dont care what everyone is saying but i will say ti for sure.

Synthetic is a very selfish player in 2 v2 tourney matches and he will certainly cause you a loss..

the thing in discussion here is what?? Night bitching at synthetic or Synthetic doing nothing???

anyway game finished i suggest one thing Night... Dont ally with him again.. :D

1. Nightwatch, in a normal South America vs. North America setup, South America was supposed to defend so they can make MRBM launches and SRBM launches from the bombers to attack US cities. So in reality, Synthethic did do a good job.

Actually yoshi you are wrong.. when SA knows that there is no fleet from NA then there are two possibilities..

1. Hit Russian Fleet in the rear and take of the pressure from your ally
2. Move to atl and hit your ally...

So please stop being someone who knows a lot about defcon and try to understand that this is 2 v 2 and not 1 v 1...
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Why? wrote:I'M THE KING OF DEFCONSSSSSS!!!!!!

The sooner you all realize this, the sooner you can get on your knees and fellate my ego. You'll enjoy it just as much as I will. I PROMISE!!! SUBMIT TO MY DOMINANT AND SUPREME POWERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blah

get a new hobby. Ego masturbation is a lonely game.

don't stop it, I'm coming..I'm coming..
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:15 pm

:shock: :shock:

2 full pages dedicated to 1 game. It must be some serious.

Saw recording and i have to say it was masterpiece work by Senator. It should be used as "defcon-lesson" for new generations, or how to win unfair setup.
Because, if we want to say the truth, he decided the winner.
"SS" couple (Seii/Syndi :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) did what was expected by them - absolutely zeroed each other. Nightwatch was moving around east-west but the key of victory was Senator's play.

He killed 2 silos blindly, made perfect timing to kill opened remaining Asians silos (btw. 3/4 loaded each), saved his population from desperate attack by Nighty and at the end killed his subs too. Almost forgot, he saved 5 of 6 cvs in Pacific by pulling them back trough Berring moving toward home. More then this was impossible to do.
And let's see numbers:

survivals:
NA - (seii) 0.4
SA - (Syndi) 0.3 what makes 0.1 difference.

Russia (Senator) 28.9 mil.
Asia (Nightwatch) 1.1 mil what makes 27.8. mil

About story that Syndi was lazy there is no sense to discuss about. This was double 1v1 and everybody made his score. There were not any noob in this game so excuses of kind "i did all, he did nothing" just can not be accepted. Somebody had more luck then somebody else but Senator showed the art of fighting.

So, nothing else to say. It was nice match, but congratulations to Sen. We are glad to have you in our team boy.

Btw. there is no poem this time??

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “General”