New idea for land units

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Masterben135
level0

New idea for land units

Postby Masterben135 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:12 am

I was wondering....

You can't make a land unit from a air unit because tanks could go over the sea and you can't make it from a sea unit either because it would still be on sea. This would be a kinda big change to the game but what if instead of sea and land, you could make it land and mountains? (sea->land) (land->mountains) The ships picture will be changed to the land unit's picture (that way the game still thinks they are sea units moving on sea) Get rid of the ships and water completly.

Possible? or is this too confusing? :wink:
WaffleMaster
level1
level1

Postby WaffleMaster » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:45 am

I'm not sure exactly what your saying, but I think you mean put ships on land and put the land units (silos, radars, airbases) in separate land areas. With a completely new map this might work but the problem is small territories like Europe which don't have any extra space normally, let alone enough extra to divide the territory to put naval units on land. The reason most people want tanks is to be able to invade territory and place fixed land units (silos, airbases, radars) in the conquered territory, but this wouldn't be possible through a mod. This would have to be done by IV, and they don't seem to have any plans to make a new version of Defcon unless something goes horribly wrong with it.

Return to “Mod Projects”