General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Groeteschele
level2
level2

Defcon convention

Postby Groeteschele » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:33 pm

Lady and gentlemen,
as some of you already know, there is an idea of Defcon convention (live meeting of players). Solemn moment of finding out whether this idea can live has come up. Convention means: to meet defcon friends outside virtual world, to eat and drink, to discuss tactic and strategy, if possible - to watch some noticable games, to play games with live spectating and kibitzing, etc.

Scenario 0: Not more than few players are willing to participate -> idea will be abandoned;

Scenario 1: More than few players are willing to participate -> idea will be adopted;

1.1) There has to be a volunteer to organise it in his/her town (spend money for organising, but save it from travel)

1.2) There has to be an agreement of date

My humble opinion is that the players community could be gregarious enough to make up some action like this - in possible connection with ordinary tourist trip. Maybe I underestimate players laziness, but why not to publish the idea.
Some additional information: there are already few players interested; I am first volunteer for organising in Prague even thought there are many other places worthy to visit on the occasion - Juliet's house and balcony in Verona, mountains nearby Klagenfurt, beaches of Agadir, ruins of Sarajevo or Marche region, sights of Rome, Hermitage of Petersburg, surely classic destinations like Paris or London.
Sorry for your possible feeling I left out your continent.

End of the message, start of the discussion.
Last edited by Groeteschele on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof.Falken
level2
level2

Postby Prof.Falken » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:20 pm

I will come just so i can kick the shit out of Why?
LadySnowhitepink
level3
level3

Postby LadySnowhitepink » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:47 pm

hahaha
could be strange
but why not
julian
level2
level2

Postby julian » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:55 pm

This would be cool, but i doubt we could get more than 10 people to do this, Not much of a 'convention' really. I nominate Zoro's house to be the place where we all meet :)
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:58 am

Prof.Falken wrote:I will come just so i can kick the shit out of Why?

haha! I bet if we were face to face, your tune would change with a quickness. It wouldn't be the first time that a bitch talked shit, on the phone/internet, and then shit his pants when he seen me coming.
Forrest Krunk
level3
level3

Postby Forrest Krunk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:48 am

What will you wear? The track suit or your Ed Hardy Bedazzled Skinny Jeans? :P
Eral
level4
level4

Postby Eral » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Great idea Groet. I vote for it. It could prove we're not so "gregarious". Hard to realize it but why not! Better to organize it on north seas coast of europa, better protection for silos....
Prof.Falken
level2
level2

Postby Prof.Falken » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Why? wrote:

haha! I bet if we were face to face, your tune would change with a quickness. It wouldn't be the first time that a bitch talked shit, on the phone/internet, and then shit his pants when he seen me coming.

I find your reply futile you maggot.

You are the one who is too scared to reveal your true identity not me.

Come back when you have grown some bollox little troll. I would gladly travel to smash you in.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/leem ... ef=profile

Add me at the above when you have grown a pair until then hush your little troll face and stop acting like a big man when i am certain that in reality you are nothing more than a joke from a christmas cracker.
Last edited by Prof.Falken on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prof.Falken
level2
level2

Postby Prof.Falken » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:03 pm

Forrest Krunk wrote:

What will you wear? The track suit or your Ed Hardy Bedazzled Skinny Jeans? :P

I will grow a mustache and have my hair permed in preperation for putting on my highly flammable shell suit.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm

Prof.Falken wrote:
Why? wrote:

I find your reply futile you maggot.

You are the one who is too scared to reveal your true identity not me.

Come back when you have grown some bollox little troll. I would gladly travel to smash you in.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/leem ... ef=profile

Add me at the above when you have grown a pair until then hush your little troll face and stop acting like a big man when i am certain that in reality you are nothing more than a joke from a christmas cracker.

:lol: I sure know how to wind them up.

So, let me get this straight... You're gonna spend $1000 on a one-way ticket to America; so you can get stomped, murdered, locked in a trunk full of rocks, driven 15 miles off-shore and dropped in the ocean? Right then. Catch a flight to Raleigh, NC and PM me with the details. I'll be standing at the gate, with a sign.

Of course, you're not gonna do that, though. You couldn't even afford it with a freelance salary. You're just desperate for information about me, because I hurt your wittle feelwings. :(

If you, truly, have a death wish then I can get you a discount rate, and even save you the hassle of travel. See, half of my family lives in England.Two of my cousins are right badmen. They're very fond of box-cutters and easy money. Send me $800, and I'll sort you out. I'm sure they'd be up for it. If they catch you in the right place, at the right time, there's no way they'd get caught.
Red Button
level3
level3

Postby Red Button » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:19 pm

Well,
what about a live meeting at Baumholder, tank shooting range :) I would organize it.. Eating some good military rations.. Living in a tent and of the country.. ;)
Groeteschele
level2
level2

Postby Groeteschele » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Baumholder sounds good, central EU position, military facility, even more stylish if you take care of A-bombs there.
Prof.Falken
level2
level2

Postby Prof.Falken » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Yet more Avoidance bullshit from you Why?

Let's face facts shall we you will never admit your identity to anyone will you.

Just a little troll hiding behind his computer screen for the rest of his life hahahahaha !

It is pretty easy to talk like Tony Montana when you are a anonymous forty year old geek who still lives with his elderly parents.

:lol:
Last edited by Prof.Falken on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:23 pm

@no one particular
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:28 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”