Repair of wooden double glazed casement windows

Anything and everything about our LIDAR cave explorer.
evion
level1
level1

Repair of wooden double glazed casement windows

Postby evion » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:43 pm

Friends, I have such a situation: in the house old wooden windows, and I want to restore them, to make sash windows with double glazing. Where is the best place to order a service to repair wooden casement windows with improved glazing? Share your experience, maybe someone has already encountered this?
BroWelm
level1
level1

Re: Repair of wooden double glazed casement windows

Postby BroWelm » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:44 pm

I just did a remodel. Go to your local building supply stores, they can usually tell you good restorers. Or look on the internet, there are a lot of handymen advertising their services there
FullSpase
level0

Postby FullSpase » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:46 pm

If there are specialized restoration workshops in the city, look there. Look on the Internet too, somewhere you will definitely find. Just before ordering, it's better to ask what materials they use, so that there are no surprises later. Here at this link you can find out about repairing wooden double glazing sash windows.
Suremposelve
level1
level1

Postby Suremposelve » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:02 pm

Here are some tips on where to order a service for repairing wooden windows with improved glazing:

Look for companies that specialize in wood window restoration. These companies usually have experience with different types of wooden windows and can offer you a wide range of services.
Ask friends, relatives or neighbors for recommendations. If someone you know has already ordered wooden window repairs, ask them to recommend a company to you.
Read reviews on the Internet. This is a good way to learn about the company's reputation and the quality of its work.

If you have taken on only the remaining repairs, I recommend replacing the wall decoration as well. In my opinion, the best option would be to create bedroom feature wall using the best wallpaper from https://fancywalls.eu/blog/bedroom-accent-wall-ideas/. This finish will look stylish and create coziness in your room.

Good luck!

Return to “Scanner Sombre”