Building Literacy to Teach My Kids

Anything and everything about our LIDAR cave explorer.
Jackmine11
level3
level3

Building Literacy to Teach My Kids

Postby Jackmine11 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:20 pm

As a parent lacking financial literacy myself, I struggle to teach money skills to my own children. Do you know any approachable family finance blogs that break down age-appropriate concepts like budgeting, saving interest, investing basics, charitable giving and more? Ideally hoping to find engaging authors able to make topics relatable and interactive for parents and kids learning together. Building this knowledge base will benefit all of us so much down the road. Appreciate any recommendations!
eyedress
level3
level3

Re: Building Literacy to Teach My Kids

Postby eyedress » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:24 pm

Oh, I completely get where you're coming from! Teaching our kiddos about money, especially when we're figuring it out ourselves, can feel like navigating a maze blindfolded.
There's this blog called ""The Simple Dollar"" that I've found incredibly helpful. It covers a wide range of topics from basic budgeting to more advanced financial concepts, all written in an easy-to-understand way.
Another great resource is the ""Family Finance Favs"" blog. It's specifically designed for parents trying to teach their children about money.
Here's a little story from my side: One evening, my family and I ended up reading an article together on https://thetradingbible.com/how-covid-1 ... al-markets . It sparked a fascinating discussion about the importance of understanding economic events and their impact on our finances. It was an eye-opener for us all and made us realize the value of staying informed and adaptable with our financial planning.
Remember, it's all about taking small steps and making learning fun. Engaging with your kids on this topic not only helps them but can also give you fresh insights into managing your own finances.

Return to “Scanner Sombre”