Power won't come back on

Discussion of the new Escape Mode

Moderator: NBJeff

Commie
level0

Power won't come back on

Postby Commie » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:03 pm

Hi
Playing escape mode, I damaged enough power capacitors to overload the power unit
My char got tazed & workmen came & cleaned up the mess, but the power never came back on, meaning doors & cookers etc no longer work.
Only reason I'm making a thread is because I felt the behaviour was nontrivial and not obvious.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/a3fsajdxx54eo1r
YMS
level1
level1

Re: Power won't come back on

Postby YMS » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:13 am

You have to manually switch it on after it failed. Click the power station, then select "Switch On" in the entity option. Did you do so?
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:14 am

YMS, he's playing in Escape Mode. You can't directly control the prison while in EM.
YMS
level1
level1

Postby YMS » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:38 am

Ah yes, I missed that (shame on me, it's mentioned in the post which correctly is in the Escape Mode forum), sorry.

However, in escape mode the computer does pretty much do nothing actively to keep the prison running. Walls that are destroyed by fire are not rebuilt, guards that are killed are not hired again, doctors that are in the infirmary as patients theirselves won't get healed by paramedics, etc. I'm actually not sure now about tunnels being removed when they are exposed, but even if this actually may be done: There still is much more the computer player could do to stop the prison from getting fucked up.
rwittenberg
level0

Postby rwittenberg » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:53 am

yeah tunnels are covered up after workmen find out where it is. Don't damage your toilet with your escape tunnel. they find out a tunnel is there.

Return to “Escape Mode”