Discussion of the new Escape Mode

Moderator: NBJeff

Registron
level1
level1

[SUGGESTION] Lighters need a nerf

Postby Registron » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:26 am

See title.

Most prisons don't put sprinklers in every room and since you can easily find lighters in visitation and they're not classified as metal or something dogs can smell (iirc) then one can easily just start large fires all round the prison and the walls will come tumbling down. I had one situation where I just burned down the room by the armory and snuck in. It also seems that destroyed walls also seem to make deployment restrictions invalid as well, so you can freely go into areas you normally wouldn't be able to go.

A good way to do this would be to at least make them detectable by the metal detector (you could easily just change the sprite to a zippo if realism is an issue) or maybe give them a longer cooldown, because I can mash on the attack button and start a dozen fires.
YMS
level1
level1

Re: [SUGGESTION] Lighters need a nerf

Postby YMS » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:19 am

It also should be much harder to start a fire. For some, if not most objects it should not be possible to set them on fire using only a lighter. I mean, did you ever try to burn a metal object like a prison toilet or a showerhead with a lighter? Or something massive like a door, a solid table, etc.? And for other objects it shouldn't like work every single time and in just a second.
Of course you can set a book on fire using a lighter. But you have to open it, spread the pages, maybe even remove them from the book, and if you don't look after the flames, they will usually die shortly. If you want the fire to spread on to the next book, you'll have to take care for this. You can't just run through the library and set 20 fires within 5 seconds.
RJenkos
level2
level2

Postby RJenkos » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:40 pm

I don't know what you're talking about.
ImageFire by Ross, on Flickr
SITHDUKE
level1
level1

Postby SITHDUKE » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:38 pm

None of my prisons have a Visitation room so lighters aren't a problem. Honestly, I don't even know what Prisons build a visitation room. The only thing it does is floods your Prison with contraband. Visitation needs a rework because there's no benefit to building it.
dareddevil7
level1
level1

Postby dareddevil7 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:19 pm

SITHDUKE wrote:None of my prisons have a Visitation room so lighters aren't a problem. Honestly, I don't even know what Prisons build a visitation room. The only thing it does is floods your Prison with contraband. Visitation needs a rework because there's no benefit to building it.

It helps take care of your prisoner's family need you monster
eths2
level1
level1

Postby eths2 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:39 am

Honestly so many firefighters show up and things don't burn fast enough to really do enough damage without you killing each wave of firefighters. So I think that it is actually ok but I really just see the mode as mess around in your prison instead of a difficult build up and survive game-mode.
dev87
level0

Postby dev87 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:00 am

dareddevil7 wrote:
SITHDUKE wrote:None of my prisons have a Visitation room so lighters aren't a problem. Honestly, I don't even know what Prisons build a visitation room. The only thing it does is floods your Prison with contraband. Visitation needs a rework because there's no benefit to building it.

It helps take care of your prisoner's family need you monster

:lol:
RJenkos
level2
level2

Postby RJenkos » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:23 pm

I didn't kill any firefighters in my picture.

Return to “Escape Mode”