Chapter 3 problems

Discussion of the story campaign. SPOILERS PERMITTED

Moderator: NBJeff

BrotherOni
level0

Chapter 3 problems

Postby BrotherOni » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:26 am

I started playing this game again when I heard about it getting out of Early Release and can't get past Chapter 3 of the campaign, specifically with the Riot Police not wanting to fight rioting prisoners. I've tried moving them next to the prisoners, I've tried leaving them alone, but they just don't want to subdue them. I'm currently watching one prisoner with a fork fighting 7 Riot Guards and winning - is this normal?

I've tried reinstalling the game, but no change.

I've had a look at a couple of Let's Play videos of the mission and I've noticed that their Riot Police turn up with batons and shields while mine are unarmed. Is this the possible cause?
Parker22
level2
level2

Re: Chapter 3 problems

Postby Parker22 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:08 pm

thats forkin terrible
BrotherOni
level0

Postby BrotherOni » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:49 pm

I'm starting to think this game is, yes.

Managed to scrape through the mission when the Armed Guards showed up and sending the useless Riot Guards as a meat shield in first, but now I'm hard stuck on the 4th mission as I can't assign prisoners to labour.

Back when I last played it, if the room was working, it'd show up under the Prison Labour tab as green. I know there was an update since that required prisoners to be trained and I've done that (both optional objectives completed), but I still can't assign prisoners to any work.
I've tried reloading, unzoning and rezoning, rebuilding a new workshop, changing the doors to ones that prisoners can open, setting the rooms to green access, nothing seems to work.

Watched a Let's Play and the guy did it first time without jumping through any hoops.

Edit: Fixed it. I had installed two mods (No more slow deliveries and expanded grants) when I played it last in 2013, which re-installing didn't remove - deactivated them and everything works now.
K_Man_ALPHA
level0

Postby K_Man_ALPHA » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:40 am

BrotherOni wrote:I started playing this game again when I heard about it getting out of Early Release and can't get past Chapter 3 of the campaign, specifically with the Riot Police not wanting to fight rioting prisoners. I've tried moving them next to the prisoners, I've tried leaving them alone, but they just don't want to subdue them. I'm currently watching one prisoner with a fork fighting 7 Riot Guards and winning - is this normal?

I've tried reinstalling the game, but no change.

I've had a look at a couple of Let's Play videos of the mission and I've noticed that their Riot Police turn up with batons and shields while mine are unarmed. Is this the possible cause?

This is an issue I am also getting right now in Chapter 3 - riot guards often stop doing anything after entering a "riot zone" they just sit there and take a beating until death. Seems random; sometimes they charge in, other times they get stuck at the red border. Very annoying to find this turd of a bug in the middle of the campaign.
pimfcb
level0

Postby pimfcb » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:29 am

Hello,
I am sorry fot My English, i am a dutchmen :D
I have A probleme!
If i play chqpter 3, you need to make 10solitary cells. I have done that, whit the right door, but no changing in yhe game. I cant get the mayor on the phonr. What doing rong?
I even havr build a second block with cells for having enough space, even that would do.
Can you helping me?

Return to “Campaign”