Bootstraps final polaroid missing (SPOILERS)

Discussion of the story campaign. SPOILERS PERMITTED

Moderator: NBJeff

lowew79
level0

Bootstraps final polaroid missing (SPOILERS)

Postby lowew79 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:33 am

Hello!

After completing the requirements for the Bootstraps campaign mission, I receive a call from the mayor. After this call I am told to click on the polaroid on the road near the delivery zone to continue. I have played through this mission 3 times, passed the requirements every time, and that polaroid simply is not there to click on. I've looked very carefully at every square. It's just not there to click on.

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post things like this.

It's kind of disheartening, I really wanted to see how the story ends.
TK2k1
level1
level1

Re: Bootstraps final polaroid missing (SPOILERS)

Postby TK2k1 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:28 pm

I'm having the same issue. I even dismantled my roadgates. I tried reloading to see if the polaroid would show when it failed to spawn, but having made the mistake of saving after the mayor's call, I can't go back to before that. The polaroid is simply not there at all.

We can't get credit for completing the campaign if that polaroid doesn't spawn. Anything we can do?

Edit: I looked through Mantis for this issue and did not find it, so I added it.
Last edited by TK2k1 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parker22
level2
level2

Postby Parker22 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:32 pm

I've had the same issue. I wonder if one of the workers is dumping it, like I caught one dumping the bonus ones...?
Trixi
level2
level2

Postby Trixi » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:51 pm

the polaried lies at the green stripe in the middle vertically of the game map
TK2k1
level1
level1

Postby TK2k1 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:21 am

Lowew79 and caveatgez: Do you have left side land extensions?

I finally found mine during a time when my prisoners were all in the canteen and not cluttering cells, sitting on a pillow at the same distance from the current left edge of my map as the road originally was. It occurred to me that it might be the land extension causing the problem and I immediately loaded the game up to check that area with prisoners out of the way.

It was indeed the land extension that threw off its spawn location. The todo list says the road, but the road is now further from the left edge. The x-coordinate for the polaroid doesn't seem to be adjusted for land extensions. The y-coordinate may behave similarly, though it would at least still be on the road ;)

I've added this as a note to my mantis report, but I can't figure out how to edit the report itself.
CheshireElk
level0

Postby CheshireElk » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:35 pm

TK2k1 wrote:It was indeed the land extension that threw off its spawn location. The todo list says the road, but the road is now further from the left edge.

Thank you! That really was the problem. I've bought one left-side expansion and for me the polaroid was near the center of the map.
lowew79
level0

Postby lowew79 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:42 am

Nailed it! The e tension was indeed the problem! Thanks so much!

Return to “Campaign”