New server Issues

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Endless
level5
level5

New server Issues

Postby Endless » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:04 am

Not sure which forum to put this on but this seemed the best fit.

I've been tinkering with a server of my own the past few days, and I am having 2 issues so far.

1. In the config file. I have myself and 2 others as admins. The other 2 login fine, but i am given the "fake Endless" account and cant login. Not sure why it is doing that.

2. It is a diplo server, and when i get the 6 players i need to start, it automatically starts changing alliance for everyone. I've looked over scripts again and everything looks fine.

If need be i can send you my config file to see whats up.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:36 am

1) The only idea I get is checking keyID in "Admin" line. I'm using Steam, thus left this part of line in my config empty (filled with space); never had those issues.

2) I'd check "GameMode" and "AllianceSize" lines. A few words about GameMode: if I remember correctly, all modes but 6th implement locking certain options. You can set GameMode to 6 and set all other options manually, or go with default ones by setting it to #3 (Diplomacy), and later bypass it by inserting options you'd like to change after "GameMode 6" line, which I include at the very end of config. (At this point setting mode to 6th doesn't change settings, only unlocks - it's useful when you want to enable choice of radar sharing etc. You can see example of it in penultimate chunk of code in the config I sent you).

Feel free to let me see your config if you think it might help.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:50 am

1) Is Endless the last word of the file? Add a empty last line to the file. Also make sure there are no whitespaces between the name and the end of line.

Return to “Think Tank”