Basic AI Improvements

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

-- Tobias --
level3
level3

Basic AI Improvements

Postby -- Tobias -- » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:59 pm

One of the biggest problems in Defcon is that after waiting in que to get a multi-player game, one player abruptly quits, and botches the game. But the negative effect of early departures can be minimized with two very simple modifications to the AI: 1) any silo left open (but without a target command) by the departed player is immediately closed and 2) any sub that has emptied all nukes is placed on active ping.

Teammates of departed players may wish to play on, and these two simple AI tweaks could really make a difference.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:26 pm

A much better and simpler tweak would be to allow teamsharing once the CPU takes over. Of course, this would probably need to be preceeded by a change to the code that allows selective teamsharing, that is, only allies can share teams, not enemies.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Pure Amazing
level1
level1

Postby Pure Amazing » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:03 pm

I also think that the AI should randomly choose yes or no when deciding if someone should be allowed in or kicked from and alliance etc this would allow the AI to at least be allowed to get involved diplo matches alot more.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Speaking of simple AI tweaks, it should quit any alliance in Diplomacy.

Return to “Think Tank”