Fleets n' Stuff

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

level0

Fleets n' Stuff

Postby 7007 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Hey all, I was talking with Lukas during a Diplo game and we talked about the idea to break/form fleets mid game. We all know that you can set a fleet from any size from 1 to 6 but wouldn't it be nice to do that in game?

Or another option could be a select all or CTRL+C type deal, selecting multiple units and giving one order for all. I know for me it can get tedious to select all my single fleet battleships who are going to they same general area.

Just a thought :D

-Seven
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:40 am

This is an idea that has actually popped up quite frequently in the past. However, the inability to break up or combine fleets was a game design decision that IV made for specific reasons. By making larger fleets, you gain control (i.e. you can control many units at once) without being forced to micromanage, but you lose flexibility. Smaller fleets give you more flexibility, but require more micromanagement. At the beginning of the game, you need to decide how you want to play the game.

xander
Ghost Division
level2
level2

Postby Ghost Division » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:53 pm

Xander is right...it sucks to not have several choices, but its life!

PS: Nice avatar u got there :)
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Re: Fleets n' Stuff

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:08 pm

7007 wrote:Or another option could be a select all or CTRL+C type deal, selecting multiple units and giving one order for all.

If we can't do anything else to the game, we could at least do this.... when I micro mange Bombers and I am controlling over all my bombers from my airbases and all my bombers from my carriers (Example if a Russian and Asian senerio) it gets a little overwhelming when you are not on "your feet".
-SH

Return to “Think Tank”