Page 2 of 7
Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:56 am
I would find it cool if in stead of just nukes and planes and fleets to attack you would have ground armies and you could gain ground as you advance with your gound armies
Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:59 am
And these gound units would be equipped with this
Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:00 am
Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:01 am
lol, gimme a sec
Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:15 am
I was thinking more of the battleships of land, so to speak
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:16 am
yeh it be cool if we could have ground forces, and it can have a system, where you can gain territory,... i think it will totally change the theme of the game, i dont know what it will turn into, i just dont, think it be cool in my opinion, completly change the game around, it wont matter how big armies are in nuclear war, which is what defcon is about. thats something i like to do in tom clancy's end war. I guess. even thou that game blows. IMO
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:17 pm
Tom clancy's end war is more tactical than stratigic as in you don't have full control of where your your units are going to be in the world but you see them in the theater of war so in comparison i would like to see that we are choosing where they go in the world instead and not telling them how to fight, so kind of reverse of end war.
And it would be cool if each country had a special ability to make them unique.
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:16 pm
Stick to xbox
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:42 pm
i think ghost recon by tom clancy is better.
Most Important Improvement
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:56 am
Def need to reconnect way quicker. The game should pause specs that are joining automatically until the player can get re synced. Also, a reconnect button. If wireless has a blip, then you need to go to lobby and find the game again to rejoin.
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:33 pm
The only important change I'd really make would be to put the map on a sphere rather than a flat plane, so you can do things like launch over the poles.
Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:52 am
We could give an idea for a defcon 3d or Defcon 2010. With land units, military installations, and more advanced options.
Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:08 am
People who want land armies just don't know how to play this game correctly. I'm so busy kicking your ass; I don't have time to control anything else! Besides, there are MANY other games for that.
I think they should just fix the bugs, and add a few extra features, like included mods/maps and a global chat room. Perhaps they could re-release it with another nuclear game, like Fallout 3. The implied story line could help some people get interested in this boring old strategy game.
Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:27 am
Here's my wishlist:
1. Ability to watch who's online and send messages without joining any particular game.
2. FASTER REJOIN!
3. Easy and flexible way to set custom rules of engagement (i.e. without dedcon, what I mean is an integrated dedicated server).
4. Player's flags (something like avatars - small pics attached to a nickname would be nice too).
5. Customizable set of units icons, i.e. Asia has one set, Africa has another and so on). Ideally, it would be nice to let players create their own sets of icons for ships, planes, ground facilities and their own flags as well so that other players can see them too. (A simple integrated icon editor to make this task easier would be a nice touch).
6. Make radars with direction of scanning, i.e. a radar looking north cannot see what is happenning in the south. And yes, radars shouldn't reveal ground installations, only ships, nukes and planes. Ground objects like silos, radars or airfields should be seen only from a plane.
1. More realistic nuke arcs (based on a conception that Earth is a ball, not a flat surface - I hate it to see nukes flying from Siberia to Canada this long. Canada is closer to Siberia than Europe really).
Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:04 am
I defenitly would like to see realistic nuke arcs, cause i am curios how they would look. On a flat projection (map) you could see things like S-curves or acceleration and deceleration of nukes speed.
But i doubt, it would really add to the game. e.g. with realistic nuke arcs it doesnt really matter from what direction you attack, nukes will always go the shortes way, while the way it is, its good to attack straight from south or north or whatever.