ideas for the next defcon?

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Barbarossa
level2
level2

Postby Barbarossa » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:28 pm

-blank- delete /ignore
Last edited by Barbarossa on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbarossa
level2
level2

Postby Barbarossa » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:29 pm

xander wrote:
Barbarossa wrote:Well, I'm sorry your sperm count is low Xander. Your word count and post count must be some subconscious attempt at overcompensation elsewhere. But diving into the realm of the intellectual and secluding yourself from your wife is not the solution to the very real problem that you seem to have on your hands. The legal term for that is I believe "alienation of affection", though I suppose your wife can't really sue the whole of mathematics itself.. but she can cuckold you with another more virile man, so watch out. The only thing that I have in common with you is I don't like to sugarcoat things either. You are free to call my ideas bullshit as you see fit so let me also give you some friendly advice without smoothing the corners...

You repeatedly bring up mention of me allegedly being "obsessed with sex".. Uh? Hello evolution? Why do you think ANY of us are here? Frankly, I think it is more or less your own insecurities that have manifested themselves in varies forms and throughout your adolescence that has prompted you to act the way you do and pushed you into your own hermit corner of the universe. I sure hope you married for all the right reasons. The forging, merging, creation and maintain of an intimate romantic dyadic interpersonal relationship between that of two compatible and loving heterosexual couples is one of the most pleasure, satisfying, content, and awe-inspiring profoundly poignant emotive experiences there is in life and on this earth. That is what life is all about, the little moments, the small wonders, the process of falling-in-love and staying in love, and all those resplendent forms of beauty, love, and passion.. Everything else is just a distraction. So forget the hocus-pocus pie-in-the-sky abracadabra mathemagics.. It's not worth it, and it is NOT it. Spend more quality time loving and making love to your dear wifey.

IVF costs in excess of $10,000 per attempt? How much has your useless education costed you? (Of course you are going to tell me you had a scholarship, yada yada yada!) To you it may not matter that much, or you could be subconsciously writing it off, but to a woman, to any married woman of fertile childbearing age you best believe it matters a HECK OF A LOT! She'll resent you the rest of her life for not even trying, for not making that sacrifice for HER. If you can't make a baby that doesn't mean she doesn't want to, women just are different from us guys and I freaking assure you that your wife wants to get pregnant and is probably very disappointed in the whole ordeal. So of course naturally that's a couple of notches down on your Ego meter so you take it out on innocent newcomers on the Defcon forums such as myself? Kinda unfair ya know? But hey, life is seldom fair, and people rarely get what they deserve. I may be idealistically minded when it comes to future games, but I'm not naive..

But you are taking the wrong approach to the whole thing. Channel your anger and sublimate your frustrations towards more real elements of life. Take time to smell the roses. Take an active interest in your wife's inner world and the things she cares about or find interesting. Share similar interests and hobbies. Drop the Defcon and pick up gardening.. learn how to cook. Help her with the chores and that may sound unmanly but to some women that is one of the ways to show appreciation.. Don't take love for granted. It's the only thing truly worth living for.

The only one here who seems to be angry is you. You are attacking me, personally. You are attacking my wife. You are attacking my education. You are lashing out for no apparent reason, and idiotically attempting to make me angry. However, you are so far off base as to have no connection with anything approaching reality. You don't know me. You don't know who I am, or who my wife is. You don't know the first thing about our relationship. If you want to actually anger me, you are going to have to figure out something that hits a little closer to home.

Now, as I see that you have entirely given up on the idea of discussing ideas, and are instead focused entirely on personal attacks, this thread is of no further real interest to me. As funny as your juvenile and arrogant insults are, they have become repetitive and uninteresting.

xander

It really got to you didn't it? How you like the taste of your own medicine? Why so defensive all of a sudden? Hey you volunteered to publicize your medical condition so its all fair play. What happened to your offensive front? No longer keeping up the facade I see?

Edit:

You want to play a game of Defcon with me and see who can upload the most missiles first? ;)
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:37 pm

May, I be the referee of round 2? Anythings goes, as long as your opponent is standing. Keep it fair, keep it clean. FIGHT!
Barbarossa
level2
level2

Postby Barbarossa » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Jordy... wrote:May, I be the referee of round 2? Anythings goes, as long as your opponent is standing. Keep it fair, keep it clean. FIGHT!

Lmao. I don't take this too seriously. I'm just messing with Xander. No hard feelings. But my relationship advice to him (marriage advice) was in fact and indeed very genuine and from the heart. ♥ It is a darn pity he took it the wrong way and assumed I was attacking him and his wife.
ChemicalRascal
level1
level1

Postby ChemicalRascal » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:24 am

So... yeah. Just thought I'd like to chime in and say that reading Barbarossa's posts are like watching a train-wreck, despite my agreeance with him behind the whole Maths-being-the-cornerstone of everything or somesuch argument.

It's funny, because it's like watching a train-wreck, and this thread is irrevocably derailed.
odstjj75
level1
level1

Postby odstjj75 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:34 am

its funny how he bumped a year old post of mine. and its funny how it was about defcon then mathematics and more shit i didnt even read about. but uh yeah, defcon rules?
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

6wins. 4 losses :[

Return to “Think Tank”