Make this change as soon as possible to Defcon

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:39 pm

Double post, but only to get your attention.

Why? Just poking at bert. Is it just me or does it seem like he likes to give non-direct answers to my "suggestions"? :P "bob and weave, bob and weave!"

:P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:57 pm

Why it's hackish? So far, DedCon gives every client the same history of the game session. Basically. /ignoring and truly private messages are implemented by filtering some things out for some clients, but that's details.
Now, for a really good lobby chat, the server would really need one game history per client, or alter the history in other ways. It's not designed to do anything like that.

Remind me again when (if) DedNDA gets geleased. Currently, the DedCon code is branched for that, and it looks like I'd be able to merge the two back together without harm to DedCon (#ifdef FTW), but messing with the history code on the pure DedCon side is just not a good idea at this time.
Last edited by bert_the_turtle on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:01 pm

Hehe, ok. Well I suppose not being familiar with 'hackish' (used in the previous post) I just thought it needed more explanation. :wink:

Either way, thanks bert. :D
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...

Return to “Think Tank”