Anti Air craft fire can shoot down ICBMs???

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

The Empire
level1
level1

Anti Air craft fire can shoot down ICBMs???

Postby The Empire » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:55 pm

I (and a lot of others) find that Anti Air craft fire can shoot down ICBMs a bad joke!
I really wish DEFCON (hint, hint developers) could make a toggle button in the options to make it either harder or impossible for Anti Air craft fire can shoot down ICBMs.

If you agree with me please post replies.
Thanks, Pete.
The ILLUMINATI are controlling you.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:56 pm

Feud wrote:While that may make it a bit more realistic, it would destroy virtually all of the stratagy for the game. There would be no incentive to keep your silos closed as the longer you wait the more kills will be racked up by others. The game would devolve into a race to see who can click fastest, and areas such as SA would never have a chance to win do to distance issues. The game would be a clickfest since there would be no reason to defend.

Granted, you did say you wanted it as an optional toggle. But, of all the suggested improvments made for Defcon, I think thier time would be better speant elsewhere.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:08 am

Feud wrote:
Feud wrote:While that may make it a bit more realistic, it would destroy virtually all of the stratagy for the game. There would be no incentive to keep your silos closed as the longer you wait the more kills will be racked up by others. The game would devolve into a race to see who can click fastest, and areas such as SA would never have a chance to win do to distance issues. The game would be a clickfest since there would be no reason to defend.

Granted, you did say you wanted it as an optional toggle. But, of all the suggested improvments made for Defcon, I think thier time would be better speant elsewhere.

Like a rankings table/league :evil: get to it IV!
xander
level5
level5

Re: Anti Air craft fire can shoot down ICBMs???

Postby xander » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:26 am

The Empire wrote:I (and a lot of others)...

Who are these others, and why do they matter? You claim that there are many people that agree with you -- so what? Are you suggesting that game designers should design games to suit the whims of the buying public? Doesn't that lead to the kind of games that companies like EA make? Is that really what we want?

xander
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:38 am

xander wrote:Are you suggesting that game designers should design games to suit the whims of the buying public? Doesn't that lead to the kind of games that companies like EA make? Is that really what we want?

xander

Lol, I get the point you are trying to make, but it still sounds pretty funny when taken at face value. :D
Cnl_Death
level2
level2

Postby Cnl_Death » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:04 am

AA fire can shoot down ICBM's. :lol: It sounds crazy but patriot missile systems were trialed as anti missile defences. :? During the 80's dear Ronny Reagan spent crazy amounts of money of the 'star wars' missile defence platforms. :roll: Satellites in space equiped with lasers. Naturally being the 80's they didn't have the computing power so the plan failed. :oops: Maybe it would be better to have fewer silos and more dedicated AA units. Like three silos and three AA platforms or something. :wink:
FedRebel
level1
level1

Postby FedRebel » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:12 am

The Empire wrote:I (and a lot of others) find that Anti Air craft fire can shoot down ICBMs a bad joke!

It's not, missiles are extremely easy to intercept

The US had ABM capability back in the late 50's, politics interfered however and ABM usage is minimal

I really wish DEFCON (hint, hint developers) could make a toggle button in the options to make it either harder or impossible for Anti Air craft fire can shoot down ICBMs.

It's already unrealistically hard for the ingame AA/ABM system to shoot down the missiles

missiles can't maneuver and come on easily predictable paths
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:40 am

FedRebel wrote:
The Empire wrote:I (and a lot of others) find that Anti Air craft fire can shoot down ICBMs a bad joke!

It's not, missiles are extremely easy to intercept

The US had ABM capability back in the late 50's, politics interfered however and ABM usage is minimal

It's already unrealistically hard for the ingame AA/ABM system to shoot down the missiles

missiles can't maneuver and come on easily predictable paths

Alright, firstly: the thread is dead. If it's been over a month since the last reply, and what you have to say isn't of epic importance, it's really not accepted forum ettiquette to exhume corpses in the middle of a discussion room.
Secondly: Russia has ICBMs that wobble now, so hah, fail.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:22 pm

FedRebel wrote:missiles are extremely easy to intercept

Usually I try to be polite and all, but this time... KILL YOURSELF IDIOT!!!
bones2oo21
level0

Postby bones2oo21 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:33 pm

this is an awsome idea. it is completly rediculus too have too rely on luck that ur missles get through. besides in real life we have no defense against and icbm attack besides diplomacy. so if in the game we had no defense it would take more skills too defeat ur apponet unless u both want too die.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:15 am

That, Sir, is a most excellent first post. Not only is it bumping an old thread, oh no. It also adds absolutely nothing of value. It promotes an idea that would be horrible for gameplay. And to round it off, it is completed by moronic spelling. You can be proud of it!
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:17 am

bert? Not xander? :shock:
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:20 am

It was my turn :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:27 am

rus|Mike wrote:bert? Not xander? :shock:

I got ninja'd by bert. >:(

xander
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:22 am

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Think Tank”