DEFCONS 1-5 Idea

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

C/Airman_Curtis
level1
level1

DEFCONS 1-5 Idea

Postby C/Airman_Curtis » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:24 pm

When ever you play defcon you always see the defcons only once. For those who like reality, and those who have no lives would like this i think. I think the defcons should flucuate, when the nukes arent flying and the boats arent shooting the defcon should start to drop. It would be basically making peace. But if naval units start nearing each other or aircraft start flying then the defcon will rise, adding tension and breaking peace. This would also open up a real idea of peace agreemements and treatys.After a major nuclear exchange when your low on ships and your units and nuke are low you can get to defcon 2 if the peace is good. There based on the percent of units you have, and the percent of your population, you can replenish your units, creat new fleets and such. This would bring in the idea of rebuilding since an army is not going to just stand by and leave the country.

Secondly i think instead of just "hardened" silos there would be mobile launchers, not that they move during game. But they would be weaker, and would take 2 hours to harden (gametime)

Also to replensih ships there should be naval bases which turn out new ships during the lower defcons, placing them in a resivor to deploy during the state of peace.

This would be an EXTREMLY long game but i think it would be really fun since you would have to utterly destroy EVERYTHING in order to "win"
C/Airman_Curtis
level1
level1

Postby C/Airman_Curtis » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:13 pm

Also would this even be possible in a mod, or would it have to be a game mode?
C/Airman_Curtis
level1
level1

Postby C/Airman_Curtis » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:50 am

Hello?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:39 am

C/Airman_Curtis wrote:Also would this even be possible in a mod, or would it have to be a game mode?
It's not possible in a mod.

Return to “Think Tank”