new and or better ship routes

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

zkl
level2
level2
Location: (zkl aka bonsai), Doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

new and or better ship routes

Postby zkl » Wed May 09, 2007 1:00 pm

hi,

+since it came apparent as a bug that u can reach the hudson bay, i would like to see it accessible in future patches as well as it should be possible to pass greenland, i.e going from ny to hudson bay to north pole (if you know what i mean)

another point which is more like a bug and was suggested 1000 thousand times but still is valid:

+bering strait should be easier to pass
+iam going crazy sending ships around thailand from the indic to the pacific

especially new players (like a good friend) get really frustrated by this and it cant be the point to learn bering strait tutorials or to despair sending ships through the phillipines with huge detours !

i would really appreciate if someone of the intro team could comment on this

zkl
Montyphy
level5
level5

Re: new and or better ship routes

Postby Montyphy » Wed May 09, 2007 4:33 pm

zkl wrote:+bering strait should be easier to pass

It already is easy. All the tutorials I made were done in 1 attempt and without previous testing. The method was simply based on someone's comment in these forums

zkl wrote:it cant be the point to learn bering strait tutorials

In that case, make the whole game easier. Afterall, it can't be the point for us to learn tutorials for fleet placements, radar, scouting, launching nukes, etc ;)
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
zkl
level2
level2

Postby zkl » Wed May 09, 2007 5:27 pm

this whole navigating issue is a matter of game design

your giving your units orders to go somewhere and they just mess it up, in other games this is called a big flaw/ERROR/bug

:!: i really dont understand why here in this forum this topic or similar topics are alway blandished! :!:

iam not saying defcon is crap - i just say it could be much better without changing balance, especially for new users

montphy i must say you are ignorant to the situation of other people playing this game! the question to move your fleet simply from one point to another is total different thing than launching silos naval fights etc
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed May 09, 2007 5:54 pm

zkl wrote:this whole navigating issue is a matter of game design

Yes, it is. The game is designed this way: if you want to get units from A to B, you click on a unit, and click on B. If you want them to get there quickly, or efficiently, you micro them the whole way. If you want units to get into some strange places, you micro them the whole way. That is the way the game works. That is how the game was designed to work.

xander
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed May 09, 2007 6:20 pm

zkl wrote:montphy i must say you are ignorant to the situation of other people playing this game! the question to move your fleet simply from one point to another is total different thing than launching silos naval fights etc

If you are going to insult me at least get my username right. :roll:

I'm not oblivious to the fact that some people find it difficult. Heck, why do you think I made the tutorials? With very little practice after paying attention to the tutorials you should be able to do it. There is nothing hard about moving a fleet to point X then clicking at point Y, it is literally that easy. If you don't have the patience to learn the technique then that's your problem and should either make do without or go back to playing simpler games.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
zkl
level2
level2

Postby zkl » Wed May 09, 2007 8:12 pm

lol, someone gets easily offended... though iam not sure what the insulting provoking point is...

you dont get my point: the tutorials are really nice but the should NOT be necessary. its like an extra tutorial how to climb chokes with zerglings in starcraft
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Thu May 10, 2007 4:12 am

zkl wrote:lol, someone gets easily offended... though iam not sure what the insulting provoking point is...

You called him ignorant - that's what was insulting.
zkl
level2
level2

Postby zkl » Thu May 10, 2007 7:12 am

oh i thougth ignorant would be like ignoring..

sorry monty
Nikolas
level2
level2

Re: new and or better ship routes

Postby Nikolas » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:03 pm

Hello there. The Statue of Liberty, one of the world's most iconic symbols of freedom and hope, stands proudly on Liberty Island in New York Harbor. One of the most popular ways to experience this impressive landmark is on the Liberty Cruise, an exciting boat tour that offers unique views of the statue and its surroundings. To learn more about this cruise, you should visit their website or contact liberty cruise customer service who will be happy to answer all questions and also help you purchase tickets.

Return to “Think Tank”