Support for Windows Vista Games Explorer?

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Dudeinacrate
level1
level1

Support for Windows Vista Games Explorer?

Postby Dudeinacrate » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:33 pm

Windows Vista comes with some nice shiny additions, quite a cool one is the games explorer which shows you the box art for the games on your PC and some info about its system requirements, ESRB rating, etc.
Sadly they don't seem to have a box art for Defcon yet on the system (I presume it works in the same way as CDDB but for programs it recognises as games):

Maybe since Introversion and Microsoft seem to be quite chummy at the moment you could arrange for Microsoft to add the Defcon box art? :lol:

Also not wanting to sound like an advert for Vista here (so just to inform you, getting even "compatable" games to run on it is horrendously difficult) but for all those moaning about wanting a way to remove the music from Defcon, theres now a mixer feature to the sound controls so you can reduce the output levels for certain programs. Now I can listen to podcasts as the world ends with ease. :D
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:24 pm

I've seen this, and had the same thought about all the games I installed which didn't have box art.

Then, when the WOW-effect had calmed, I reformatted and put XP back on it.

DRM for the lose.

~

If you have to run Vista though, I suppose having the box art for Defcon in your Games folder would be nice. Isn't there some way to specify your own box art for installed games, though?

EDIT: Ooh C&C Old Skool, good stuffs :roll:
Dudeinacrate
level1
level1

Postby Dudeinacrate » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:54 pm

Don't :roll: me about owning C&C!

The first decade collection is awesome, and those games are still great fun after all this time!
Player7
level1
level1

Postby Player7 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:02 am

ah the old days of RTS, like when you give a unit a command and they always say the same things "yes sir" "right away sir" "yes sir" "right away sir" "right away sir" it's enough to make you want to pull the speakers off your computer.
I wasn't a big fan of C&C, now Warcraft2 theres a classic.

I enjoy the music of defcon i feel no need to change it.

Return to “Think Tank”