Player View/Whats the point of having a think tank anyway?

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:46 pm

lol, thx for correcting me. I meant of course a gazillionplex, but I fear they dont have enough googolplexes of moneyprinting machines to print all the money needed to print the plan on how to schedule the printing of the marketing plan to boost the sales to one or several gazillionplexes of Defcon.

But I hope they come up with a plan to finance the money making machines. Then they could actually begin to plan the printing of all the money they would need to buy the money printing machines.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:54 pm

Got a server open right now
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
MoonHill
level3
level3

Re: Player View/Whats the point of having a think tank anywa

Postby MoonHill » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:41 am

Radiant Caligula wrote:
MoonHill wrote:
Radiant Caligula wrote:I'm perfectly aware that IV does not conform to every suggestion, but I have not seen one (thats 1) suggestion brought forward in this think tank that made it to the game. Maybe except some technical upgrades, but concerning creative ideas, zip (?). So whats the point of having a think tank when nothing ever gets through? I'm sure someone's gonna take out the flamethrower now, go ahead. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (Xander cmon, I know u have infinite amounts of kerosine in those tanks)

Because people like to share their ideas, even when there's no earthly way of them getting into a particular game?

Because the sort of geeks who play computer games and then talk about them on the web like to talk a lot, and sequestering their demented ramblings about how cool X would be if Y was only Z into a separate board helps keep things tidy?

Because the IV people enjoy laughing?

:wink:

Because they lack resources to do the development that would truly make Defcon perfect? Because they are sadistic about ppl doing all the (post-)thinking for them, but wont implement anything at all, regardless of the size of the choir? Because they don't do upgrades at all and only like to have lots of traffic on their servers?? Because they are searching for ideas without having to use more fingers than their scrolling one? Because they, ack, what the heck, i dont really care.

I love defcon, either way. I just think lots of options and upgrades could be added without destroying the "purity" that is Defcon. Such as making the text in the chat windows actually FIT when you're writing more than 8 words and correcting the idiotic naval courses. Small things like that. And tons of more significant things too, but I wont even bother mention them, cause they will never happen. Besides, my fingers are tired, typed too much, played too much piano and composed too many pieces. But thats me, I'm just overly creative. I won't direct any of my creativity at IV's think thank from now on, sorry.

*piano waiting* :P

I, uhm, I was answering the question of "why bother with a Think Tank forum if...?"

That's all.
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:31 pm

And I just completed the list?

Thats all. ;-)
Trident
level2
level2

Postby Trident » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:49 pm

Radiant Caligula wrote:yeah, but you know what I mean. This game is already perfect in terms of style and content. But streamlining their product wouldnt be so bad, would it? I'd wish IV had more resources to make it bigger. I think Defcon could be a smash hit if they only could market it properly, THEN they would actually have the resources to improve and make even better games and so on and so on and so on....

yeah then maybe i wouldn't take 20mins to get a game going and maybe there would be more than a half dozen (or less) active servers. i love the game but i seem to be the only one i know who has even heard of it.

also, how about a server list chat room 'ala battle.net

Return to “Think Tank”