Empty Carriers

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Angel of Death
level3
level3

Empty Carriers

Postby Angel of Death » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:53 pm

I Love this game, but I would like to see a patch to allow Bombers to return to a carrier that has nukes left in it, not an empty carrier. I dont like spending my time micromanaging bombers to carriers that have nukes. Any Ideas? Thoughts??

Angel of Death
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:34 pm

It's something that I would also like to see, but I'm not too fussed at the moment.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:21 pm

They do, sort of.

If a carrier has no nukes, then the bombers will fly to another one, but if the carrier has one or more nukes, then two bombers will land on it.

same goes for airbases, they will all try and land on the closest airbase with a nuke, however, even if there is only one nuke, all bombers will still fly towards it and land.
supam
level1
level1

Postby supam » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:36 pm

Spacemonkey wrote:They do, sort of.

If a carrier has no nukes, then the bombers will fly to another one, but if the carrier has one or more nukes, then two bombers will land on it.

same goes for airbases, they will all try and land on the closest airbase with a nuke, however, even if there is only one nuke, all bombers will still fly towards it and land.

Not my experience. Bombers fly to whatever is closest. Dozens of times I've had 10 bombers in a airbase the last 5 with no nukes.
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:47 pm

supam wrote:
Spacemonkey wrote:They do, sort of.

Not my experience. Bombers fly to whatever is closest. Dozens of times I've had 10 bombers in a airbase the last 5 with no nukes.

Exactly. Thats what I'm talking about. A patch could fix that easy. Or I would think so. I've really tried to slow my game down and Micromanage, but that is a little frustrating. Just go back to a full Carrier or Air base.
TheDan
level1
level1

Postby TheDan » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:01 pm

A good idea, but aircraft appear to be blissfully ignorant of their remaining fuel and so I'd rather that my aircraft land quickly and safely, than choose a faraway landing location but run out of fuel enroute. If you have Order view on, it's a lot easier to organise your bombers and make sure that they're heading for locations with remaining nukes.
dawnchorus
level2
level2

Postby dawnchorus » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:36 pm

When I saw the title of the post, I thought someone was raising an issue I have with empty carriers: sonar. Without planes on board they default to anti-sub, as it's the only possible option. It would be nice if they had a "passive mode" when empty, as they can easily give away their position to the whole world just by having no planes no board. Just a thought.

Return to “Think Tank”