Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Annoying
level1
level1

The two I would like to see done

Postby Annoying » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:52 pm

there are only 2 changes i would like to see

1) Opening of the baring strait (simple map edit) to allow pacific powers to attack using the arctic.

2) Southward misslie arcs - give all nukes when launched the option of going north or south flight arc. just add a extra option to the launch menu "launch ICBM" would become "launch ICBM north" and "launch ICBM south" same with subs. Not with bombers however.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:06 pm

Next time, instead of creating a whole new thread, why don't you search for other threads with the same ideas, and post there. Both of these ideas have been brought up over and over and over again, and many of us that read the forums on a fairly regular basis are getting tired of them.

xander
SODsniper
level3
level3

Postby SODsniper » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:11 pm

Well, he is "Annoying", after all... :D :lol:

Sorry, just COULDN'T resist... :D

SODsniper
SODsniper
www.specialopsdivision.com
Building A Better RavenShield Community......One Map At A Time.....
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:21 pm

1) No, ships can't fit through the bering strait, you can mod the game yourself it to want to be able to pass through.

2) Changing the missle arcs will change all the tatics in the game, at the moment you can be pretty sure where the missles will come from, if the game had southern arcs as well, then the missiles could come from anywhere, countries would be much harder to defend.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:45 pm

1) Indeed, it is a very simple task.

2) Check this, it's not perfect but it's a laugh. Either way, no-one actually uses it online, so you can only play the AI.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Annoying
level1
level1

Postby Annoying » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:34 pm

Xander unlike you I don't have all day to wade through threads and searches so instead of being such a nice person :shock: , either post the appropriate thread link or SAY NOTHING.

Your post(s) on this topic are not friendly and to be honest completely unhelpful.

you might speend a lot of time here but that doesn't give you the right to talk down to me.

Also if enough interest can be raised on a certian topic or game issue it may add some weight to changes for the game when patches are devised. Constantly raising a topic is useful as it reawakens interest and might remind others of something they might want to talk about again.

Space monkey - is that in reality ships can't pass through or in the game? (I know they can't in the game that why i'm asking for it to be added)

SODsniper - this is true annoying by name, annoying by nature....
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:10 pm

Annoying wrote:Xander unlike you I don't have all day to wade through threads and searches so instead of being such a nice person :shock: , either post the appropriate thread link or SAY NOTHING.

I posted a search link. I am not going to hold your hand and tell you what terms to search for. The whole point of my thread is that you are being lazy, and wasting my time. I am not going to spend the 15 minutes necessary to do your work for you. Sorry. I am willing to take the 30 second necessary to tell you to search, in the hopes that you or other people will get the hint, and actually search for what you are looking for, rather than create a whole new topic.

Annoying wrote:Your post(s) on this topic are not friendly and to be honest completely unhelpful.

I was much more polite than I could have been. In fact, I was much more polite than I have been in the past. Welcome to the internet. Peope are assholes. Learn to live with it, or unplug your modem.

Annoying wrote:you might speend a lot of time here but that doesn't give you the right to talk down to me.

First off, I didn't talk down to you, I suggested that you actually search for your answers, rather than create yet another topic with the same issues that have been brought up over and over and over again. A controversial topic, at that. If I were talking down to you, my post would have looked more like this:
xander talking down to someone wrote:STFU, you stupid n00b. Use the f*cking search button, you moron.

Annoying wrote:Also if enough interest can be raised on a certian topic or game issue it may add some weight to changes for the game when patches are devised. Constantly raising a topic is useful as it reawakens interest and might remind others of something they might want to talk about again.

Bumping a pre-existing topic does the same thing. Creating many redundant threads makes it harder to find specific threads on a topic, and unnecessarily creates more useless topics for people to wade through (especially people who are new to the forum, but have the manners to actually bother to read some old threads before posting).

xander
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:19 pm

Annoying wrote:Space monkey - is that in reality ships can't pass through or in the game? (I know they can't in the game that why i'm asking for it to be added)

Of course they can pass through in reality. But Defcon is not reality, it's a game, and in the game of defcon, the pictures of the ships are too big to fit through the picture of the straight.

If you did mod it so it was possible, then you should get ships traveling over the land masses of Alaska and Russia, which would make it even more unrealistic.

Anyway it can easily be done it a mod, what whats the point of asking for it to be changed.
Annoying
level1
level1

Postby Annoying » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:07 am

Well Xander thanks for yet another uncontructive comment, I did enjoy the fact you admited to being a asshole but I have the feeling everyone knew that already.

You posted the search link, why to be condesending. If I want to start a new topic I will, I certainly don't need your approval. As I said before I don't have the time to search through the posts. The fact you think your some sort of leading figure that commands respect is what puzzles me but as you said you are a "asshole" so that comes with the "personality" I surpose. Also saying you could of been more offencive is some sort of defence? Well that is a childish thing to say but if your willing to be juvenile thats your call.

As for redundant posts cluttering up the forum thats down to admin it is not down to you to try to impose some sort of unwritten forum code on everyone else.

Spacemonkey - I understand about it can be modded but I want the changes to the mainstream game, to add a dynamic that needs added the ability for asia and usa to strike at russia with fleets without having to wade through europes defences.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:40 am

Annoying wrote:You posted the search link, why to be condesending.

No, in the hopes that it would get through your thick skull, and you would use it.

Annoying wrote:As I said before I don't have the time to search through the posts.

It would have taken you less time to search than it would have to write your little rant against me.

Annoying wrote:Also saying you could of been more offencive is some sort of defence? Well that is a childish thing to say but if your willing to be juvenile thats your call.

You decided to take offense at it. I told you, in very simple terms, that the information that you sought was already out there, that you should search for it, and that a lot of us are getting tired of the same topics being brought up over and over again. Could I have been more diplomatic? Possibly. However, I did not insult you, as you have done me. I did not call you names, and I did not patronize you. The fact that you read those things into my post is your own problem, not mine.

The fact is that the topics that you brought up are old news. You claim that you don't have the time to use the search function. Well, I could have answered your question, but that would have required too much time and work. Instead, I told you how you could answer your own questions. Or are you allowed to be lazy, while I am not?

xander

EDIT: It took me 30 seconds to click on the search link, type in "south arcs," click the "Search for all terms" box, and get a list of topics. As there were 17 matches, it only took me a few seconds to scan the results, and fine five or six pertinent topics. That took less time that it would have taken to hit the "New Topic" button and post a new topic. So, quite frankly, your excuse of not having time is a red herring, and doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
blackwhitehawk
level2
level2

Postby blackwhitehawk » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:14 am

yawn xander if you dont have anything to say to the topic then stop. But yes he is right there are many threads with it and i think theres a couple on page 1 and 2.
Annoying
level1
level1

Postby Annoying » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:22 pm

yes I am allowed to be lazy :lol:
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:56 pm

Annoying wrote:yes I am allowed to be lazy :lol:

Well, then I too am allowed to be lazy, and tell you to do your own work.

xander

Return to “Think Tank”