Minor UI fix

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

prozachar
level1
level1

Minor UI fix

Postby prozachar » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:00 pm

I have a Thinkpad laptop issued to me by my employer. Thinkpads have two built in pointing devices, a standard touchpad and the little red thing embedded in the keyboard between the H, B, and G keys (when I was in college, a friend of mine referred to this thing as "the clit"). Anyway, I use the touchpad pretty much exclusively when I don't have a standard mouse. The touchpad has a feature where if you drag your finger up and down along the right-most edge of the touchpad, it interprets that as a scroll (or, at least it does in applications like web browsers and MS Office programs). However, Defcon doesn't seem to catch those scroll events, meaning I have to use the keyboard to zoom in and out. Not that I'm saying it would be easy to play Defcon with just the touchpad, but it would be easier if the game picked up on those scroll events. I don't think they're limited to Thinkpads either; I also have a 7-year old Gateway notebook that had the same scroll ability.
The_Mhor
level0

Postby The_Mhor » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:43 pm

My Asus laptop has this scroll function, it only works in windows, not any games at all.

It's a shame, but it's not a problem IV can fix at a guess.

Return to “Think Tank”