Bering Straights...

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Fyei
level0

Bering Straights...

Postby Fyei » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:31 pm

Please... please open these up in the next patch...

Its ridiculous, the amount of times i've been up against Europe/USSR and Russia comes out on top with less than 10 million deaths is taking the piss now.

There is seriously no way to get subs in range of Russias main city clump in the west, you cant use ICBMs because europe shoots them down, you cant use bombers because europe shoots them down (or the mass of 6 silos next to each other), you cant fight them because 2 fleets combined > your 1 fleet and subs are an impossibility because sneaking anything through a 2 inch gap between the UK and Iceland while it has 24 carriers sat in it on anti submarine isnt possible.

Dont give me any of that work as a team crap, because its not always a possibility - 99% of the time you cant have 2 full size fleets in the north atlantic to combat the combined fleets of Europe and the USSR.

Open up the Bering Straights and let ships into the artic circle in more than one way then maybe it'll balance itself out a little.
Last edited by Fyei on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeSS
level1
level1

Postby NeSS » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:39 pm

I imagine that would be helpful. There really isn't any reason not to either. If the Arctic Circle is open, so should the Bering Strait.
DueAccident
level3
level3

Postby DueAccident » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:44 pm

I'd like to see it opened as well. Make Russia think about placement a bit more than just chucking everything near Europe.
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:11 am

The new game modes with the random city placement will change things a big, Russia may get larger cities in the east, and then will have to defend both shores
theworldsend
level1
level1

Postby theworldsend » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:57 am

theirs quite a few post about this i dont see why we cant pass threw has their been any logical reason or was this just a slight mistake

Return to “Think Tank”