SUGGESTION: A little more chat time at the end of a game

Ideas for expansions and improvements to Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

dawnchorus
level2
level2

SUGGESTION: A little more chat time at the end of a game

Postby dawnchorus » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:20 pm

Maybe it wastes server slots or something (note to self. Check that there is such a thing as a "server slot"), but all the other online strategy games I've played seem to have unlimited time to: discuss the game / talk nonsense / say how much you've had to drink at the end (delete as applicable), but with DefCom you only seem to get about ten seconds to pontificate. Is this true or is it just me?
estel
level4
level4

Postby estel » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:21 pm

It's entirely down to the server host - you can chat until the host shuts the server down.
dawnchorus
level2
level2

Postby dawnchorus » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:34 pm

Ah right - didn't know that. Maybe I'm used to playing on centralised servers. Ignore me.
Ruges
level2
level2

Postby Ruges » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:32 am

I like to stick around after the game ends to talk about what everyone did. Some other's do too. But I find it suprizing how many people leave the game at the end without saying a word. Some even leave before the game ends knowing they where majorly defeated. (even worse is when somone leaves when they get nuked hard at the start, only for them to come out on top later when everyone else gets hit)
Ruges
Guild leader of HoD
Mirray
level1
level1

Postby Mirray » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:43 pm

I do lose the most sometimes, but learn from your mistakes and try again.

I've nailed down the 1 vs 1 situation, it's the 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 situation that I'm having troubles with.

Return to “Think Tank”