V1 release in October

The place for feedback about tablet versions of Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

Volcanopele
level0

V1 release in October

Postby Volcanopele » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:20 pm

I see that PA now has a release data for V1 set for October 6. I know iOS games typically come out on Thursday mornings/Wednesday night (typically ~9pm Wednesday night in my time zone), but is the iPad version set to come out at the same time?

Just remember, Apple can be a bit... onerous with their review process, so don't forget to submit early, like a week or two early ;) You can always submit bug fixes afterward. I don't think those force a reset to the review process (though it may be different for new apps/games)

In this last build, things seem pretty stable, even on iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1. Still kinda wish that bigger prisons were allowed, at least for more powerful iPads like the iPad Air 2, the iPad Mini 4, or the iPad Pro, which have 2 GB of RAM or more. A good example to look at is Procreate, a drawing/art app. It scales the number of layers allowed and the maximum size of the canvas based on the device used.
YMS
level1
level1

Re: V1 release in October

Postby YMS » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:55 pm

In the Q&A session of the V1 live demo event, Mark said something like "The iPad version will come out a bit later". I don't know if you testers know anything more, but other than that short reference, the tablet version has not been mentioned by the devs since months, and especially no release date has been mentioned for it, so I wouldn't expect to get the iPad version on October 6.

Return to “Tablet Testing”