Prisoners intake workaround [jailbreak required]

The place for feedback about tablet versions of Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

Chronicrv
level0

Prisoners intake workaround [jailbreak required]

Postby Chronicrv » Fri May 01, 2015 6:38 am

hey guys!

Just wanted to let you guys know that if you are having issues with not being able to control The intake of prisoners to your prison you can go into your save file by going to this path (you can use iFile or any other app tht lets you inside your files):

file:///var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/B8095C77-508C-47E8-ABC5-19265E62E1FA/library/Application Support/saves

(Please not that the part of the path with weird number combinations might be different from mine, you'll need to check all of the folders on var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application until you find the one for Prison Architect)

Once you found the folder you'll see a file called "nameofyourprison".prison

(I would recommend that you Make a backup of the file before doing this in case you mess up)

Open the file with a text editor (iFile won't be able to open it unless you change the file from .prison to .txt but don't worry you can change it back to .prison once you are done withou any problems)

Once you opened the file go almost all the way down until you see a section that says something like this:

Code: Select all

BEGIN Intake     
    MaxIntake            -1 
    DeathRowBlocked      0 
    BEGIN Categories
        BEGIN i          PrisonerCategory MinSec  Pool 3  Ratio 0.2000000  NextIntake 3  Queue 0  NumNITGs 0  END
        BEGIN i          PrisonerCategory Normal  Pool 10  Ratio 0.8000000  NextIntake 10  Queue 0  NumNITGs 0  END
        BEGIN i          PrisonerCategory MaxSec  Pool 2  Ratio 0.000000  NextIntake 0  Queue 0  NumNITGs 0  END
        BEGIN i          PrisonerCategory DeathRow  Pool 0  Ratio 0.000000  NextIntake 0  Queue 0  NumNITGs 0  END
    END
END

Here you need to change the second line that says: MaxIntake -1 to 0

Like this :

Code: Select all

BEGIN Intake     
    MaxIntake            0 
    DeathRowBlocked      0 
    BEGIN Categories
        BEGIN i          PrisonerCategory MinSec  Pool 3  Ratio 0.2000000  NextIntake 3  Queue 0  NumNITGs 0  END
        BEGIN i          PrisonerCategory Normal  Pool 10  Ratio 0.8000000  NextIntake 10  Queue 0  NumNITGs 0  END
        BEGIN i          PrisonerCategory MaxSec  Pool 2  Ratio 0.000000  NextIntake 0  Queue 0  NumNITGs 0  END
        BEGIN i          PrisonerCategory DeathRow  Pool 0  Ratio 0.000000  NextIntake 0  Queue 0  NumNITGs 0  END
    END
END

Here you can also mess with how many prisoners enter your prison on the next intake in case you want to just modify the "Pool" number right next to the category you are interested in.

Careful! I wouldn't mess with the rest of the code since you could break your prison if you are not careful or know what you are doing and always make a backup before attempting any of this!

Hope it helps you all!
Volcanopele
level0

Re: Prisoners intake workaround [jailbreak required]

Postby Volcanopele » Sat May 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Note that iFile and similar programs are broken as of iOS 8.3 unless you are jailbroken. Apple patched the "security hole" where you could access app directories when the device is connected to a PC or Mac.

However, based on the notes for 0.32.2, prisoner intake might have been fixed anyway.
katan_bartak
level0

Re: Prisoners intake workaround [jailbreak required]

Postby katan_bartak » Wed May 13, 2015 9:58 pm

prisoner intake is fixed wth the alpha 32.

Return to “Tablet Testing”