Will A31-testers become A32 testers aswell?

The place for feedback about tablet versions of Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

PeaceDealer
level0

Will A31-testers become A32 testers aswell?

Postby PeaceDealer » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:30 pm

Hello

As a current tester of Alpha 31, will I automatically be given Alpha 32 on the update? In testflight, it says that the app will expire?
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Re: Will A31-testers become A32 testers aswell?

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:52 am

Yes, you should become an alpha 32 tester, assuming Intorversion don't prune anyone due to inactivity.

The reason the builds expire is that a) Intoversion are doing monthly updates of the alpha, and b) when the iPad testing is over, Introversion only need to stop submitting builds to testflight and they will naturally expire.

NeoThermic
PeaceDealer
level0

Postby PeaceDealer » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:08 am

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!
Gamecool 10
level1
level1

Postby Gamecool 10 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:03 am

The only thing that scares me is how they know if we count as "active".

I mean, do we need to post bugs? Do we just need to post here? Or do we just have to play and test the game?
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Gamecool 10 wrote:The only thing that scares me is how they know if we count as "active".

I mean, do we need to post bugs? Do we just need to post here? Or do we just have to play and test the game?

If you wanted to keep the population of tablet testers healthy, you always remove the easiest inactivity group first.

For example, if I were IV I'd cull everyone who hasn't yet installed Testflight and run PA at least once. That might free up a good amount of tester spaces, so I'd then re-allocate them.

If this didn't free up enough tester slots, then I'd start looking at a level of activity beyond that. But I wouldn't worry too much, as long as you've played and at least done *something* in the bugtracker (support a bug! replicate a bug and mention you could!), or posted in here, then I'm mostly sure you'd escape any early inactive cull :)

NeoThermic
Gamecool 10
level1
level1

Postby Gamecool 10 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:19 am

NeoThermic wrote:
Gamecool 10 wrote:The only thing that scares me is how they know if we count as "active".

If you wanted to keep the population of tablet testers healthy, you always remove the easiest inactivity group first.

For example, if I were IV I'd cull everyone who hasn't yet installed Testflight and run PA at least once. That might free up a good amount of tester spaces, so I'd then re-allocate them.

If this didn't free up enough tester slots, then I'd start looking at a level of activity beyond that. But I wouldn't worry too much, as long as you've played and at least done *something* in the bugtracker (support a bug! replicate a bug and mention you could!), or posted in here, then I'm mostly sure you'd escape any early inactive cull :)

NeoThermic

Ah, I see now.

Appriciate it! :D

Return to “Tablet Testing”