Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

nibelung44
level1
level1

Increasing guards hit points through research

Postby nibelung44 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:20 am

Hi,

I would like to do a mod where the chief officer can train in the yard guards so they have some self-defense skills and practice fitness exercises. As I envision it, that would be split into several tiers, each giving +1 permanent HP to the guard. Also, the aim of this mod would be to have 'always something to research' because the tiers would be costlier and costlier and if you want to have some of your guards with +10 HP, then it means first that they attended and succeeded in the 9 previous tiers and that you unlocked research options costing in the hundreds of thousands $.

But I'm new to modding and I don't know if you can change HP through research, if not, the mod is dead from the start.
murgh
level2
level2

Re: Increasing guards hit points through research

Postby murgh » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:37 am

I don't think you can train guards, though it would be cool if they could use a weightsbench in the yard. What might be possible is to play around with the baton / tazer and to deploy them with stronger ones after another class has been finished. Not sure about this either, but you could give it a try. Perhaps these kind of things are hardcoded and can't be touched - no idea. Rates of baton and tazer are in materials.txt so if you see a way to let them carry a baton 2.0 let us know!
Captain Fantastic
level1
level1

Re: Increasing guards hit points through research

Postby Captain Fantastic » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:11 pm

I have been thinking about this since I saw you post it. It could be possible if you use the same process as the body armour. I might test it in the next day or to and post back.

Return to “Modding”