About sprites

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

mhenkel
level0

About sprites

Postby mhenkel » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:54 pm

I'm doing some mods for myself and im using the modding guide on the internet(wiki) but I can't find all the answers there. So I hope you guys can give me some answers so I can continue.

I'm doing alot of stuff with the sprites, adding floors etc. But I have noticed that in the materials.txt that some sprites have this lines: "NumSprites"(I think), what does that mean?

Also saw that some lines have this: "Sprite0" and also "Sprite1". When I look at the tileset.png I see that those who have the lines with "Sprite0" and "Sprite1" are sprites with sizes like 64x128, or 128x256 etc and are usually a sprite with many different looks(64x64x64x64x64 and another line under with same amout of floors), like the metal floor tiles. In the PNG file its really big and have like 10 different looks, some are more "dirty" than other metal floor tiles. But the sprite is connected and looks like one big sprite in the PNG.

The "Sprite1" doesn't seem to work like "Sprite0" does when it comes to location on the tileset.png. The X and Y on "Sprite0" tells where the sides of the Sprite starts, like x 21 y 11. But the "Sprite1" on same sprite is like x 2 y 6.

I hope you understand my question, hard to explain. But I just wanna now really what Sprite0 and Sprite1 does and when I need to use Sprite1.

Thanks! :)
murgh
level2
level2

Re: About sprites

Postby murgh » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:01 am

Perhaps this guide will help https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497216437 He made some very good guides.

Did you check other modding guides as well? [url]https://steamcommunity.com/app/233450/guides/?searchText=&browsefilter=trend&browsesort=creationorder&requiredtags[0]=Modding+or+Configuration&requiredtags[1]=-1&p=1[/url]
mhenkel
level0

Re: About sprites

Postby mhenkel » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Great, thank you. I had missed those!

Return to “Modding”