adding water to map

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

that1steve
level1
level1

adding water to map

Postby that1steve » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:49 am

I want to make an island type prison, so what i did is put up a fence everywhere i want water. then i edited the save, changing all instances of Fence to Water then saved. Loaded my prison but no water, the fences actually disappeared.

Any tips to placing water where i want?
iv seen a mod that lets you place water but it can still be crossed, i want unpassable water.
that1steve
level1
level1

Re: adding water to map

Postby that1steve » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:28 pm

Ok so i figured it out, when i was in notepad editing in the water i forgot fences are mentioned in other places in the save also :p

So i copied just the map part of the save to a new txt file did my replace all there then put that into the save. It works now
Brento666
level3
level3

Postby Brento666 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:29 pm

Until Introversion adds it, all mod water (also aqua tat kills fires) will be a (nice) hack and/or not fully working, is my guess.

I'm still very hopeful there may be a day we get it in a future Update though... seeing as they added it already, just got stuck getting it manageable...!

Hope that helps, maybe I'll look into water one day, maybe someone else that reads this will.
Brento666
level3
level3

Postby Brento666 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:33 pm

that1steve wrote:Ok so i figured it out, when i was in notepad editing in the water i forgot fences are mentioned in other places in the save also :p

So i copied just the map part of the save to a new txt file did my replace all there then put that into the save. It works now

That's good to hear!

-There are save edit tools around that might do this or might not (yet)... I have not used any, but you could look into if it's already included...

Return to “Modding”