Workshop no longer updating mods.

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

Dubpub
level0

Workshop no longer updating mods.

Postby Dubpub » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:55 pm

The workshop no longer updates script related mods. My mod, The Creative Grant Mod, is not being deployed to my users and they're stuck on the old version. I confirmed this through multiple accounts on steam as well as testing it myself. This is an extremely relevant example at the current state of modding support.
Brento666
level3
level3

Re: Workshop no longer updating mods.

Postby Brento666 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:06 pm

Dubpub wrote:The workshop no longer updates script related mods. My mod, The Creative Grant Mod, is not being deployed to my users and they're stuck on the old version. I confirmed this through multiple accounts on steam as well as testing it myself. This is an extremely relevant example at the current state of modding support.

Be a bit more specific as to what is happening (on screen) in your situation please... It is unlikely you getting zero feedback, so please grant us a more specific description of what you're experiencing...

I got "mod failed to publish" last week repeatedly, I reset my modem and rebooted my machine; problem solved.

->So; Have you tried turning 'it' off and on again? (to quote one of my favorite all-time series)
Dubpub
level0

Postby Dubpub » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:04 am

Brento666 wrote:
Dubpub wrote:The workshop no longer updates script related mods. My mod, The Creative Grant Mod, is not being deployed to my users and they're stuck on the old version. I confirmed this through multiple accounts on steam as well as testing it myself. This is an extremely relevant example at the current state of modding support.

Be a bit more specific as to what is happening (on screen) in your situation please... It is unlikely you getting zero feedback, so please grant us a more specific description of what you're experiencing...

I got "mod failed to publish" last week repeatedly, I reset my modem and rebooted my machine; problem solved.

->So; Have you tried turning 'it' off and on again? (to quote one of my favorite all-time series)

My internet connection isn't the problem. I can "publish" the mod fine and it even updates on my workshop page, my users tell me they aren't receiving the newest patch. When normally the system would update/cache the mods on start up and queue them for update if needed. This is no longer the case, as many users have claimed. I can't be any more specific as the problem is clear. With whatever this latest ghost patch of Prison Architect was, I'm assuming fixing severe bugs with 1.1, borked the way PA updates its mods. That's my only guess. I've done everything right on my side, there is no further information other than several very upset users.

PS: I should clarify I tried publishing my mod via in game about 5-6 times now. Also, I'm dealing with a lot of throwback here so pardon my semi-passive aggressiveness.
Brento666
level3
level3

Postby Brento666 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:24 am

No problem at all, I am not easily offended by clarifications :D

It wasn't that clear to me, I can understand the upset! Infact if pushing through updates for mods is borked, I've got a problem aswell with my most popular mod;
It was causing a bug with last Fridays update, I just got in town and fixed it, but if my users can't get at it, I'm sure to get more heat on me as well :x

-> If you can please dl and run my {Crimes, upgrade} and check if a new arriving prisoner get's it name wrecked... that could help localize if this is general or specific to your mod(!) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=548224590

I do understand the severity of the situation you're in...

edit: added link and -> What can I help look/monitor for that's specific to your latest version in your mod btw So I can see if I do get your latest!
Brento666
level3
level3

Postby Brento666 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:35 am

btw I'm reading your mods Steam page say;
Updated 15 Nov @ 10:44pm

But your local manifest is indeed stil saying The Creative Trainer Mod 4.05.2

edit: I was wrong published mods get fields added differently when you're published as opposed to subscribed, anywho here's an example of my manifest, maybe it will help out? ;

Code: Select all

Name                 "Crimes Upgrade" 
Author               Brento666 
Description          "bla bla" 
Version              v0.808 
Date                 11/17/2015 
URL                  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=548224590&tscn=1447611689 
IsTranslation        false 
FileID               hidden 
SteamAuthor          hidden 

I don't think date ordering really matters, but I use US date ordering as opposed to the order in Dutch land... I add the url in later updates.
Last edited by Brento666 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trixi
level2
level2

Postby Trixi » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:02 pm

The easiest way to force update the mods, is just to delete them in the mod folder .....
Brento666
level3
level3

Postby Brento666 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:27 pm

Trixi wrote:The easiest way to force update the mods, is just to delete them in the mod folder .....

edit: Auto update is reportedly working on my latest update from today....

I hope you quickly manage to find the thing that is hindering it!

Return to “Modding”