Steam Workshop mods not showing ingame.

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

runnre
level0

Steam Workshop mods not showing ingame.

Postby runnre » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:50 pm

I have been looking for a solution to this problem for a few days now, every where I ask I always get told to look in the extras>mods menus no matter how many times I say that mods will not appear there.

So yeah, that is my problem, I reinstalled the game a few days ago, no matter what maps or mods I subscribe to on the steam workshop they will not show up in the extras menus. Its just blank for maps and mods, as if they have not even downloaded, as far as I can tell the mods/maps were downloaded but when I look through the local files of the game I can't find anything related to the mods. I want to repeat that I know where in the ingame menus I am supposed to look for these mods and maps, every time I've asked for help people just tell me to look there for them as if I didn't know about it.

Any help would be appreciated, like I said I've asked all over the place and nobody has been able to give me a decent answer.
aubergine18
level2
level2

Re: Steam Workshop mods not showing ingame.

Postby aubergine18 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:48 am

Do the files appear on disk at all? In whatever folder has the save games (.prison files) folder, there should be a mods folder with subscribed mods. If they're not there then it's a steam workshop problem - some things to try:

* Change steam download region: In steam app: Steam/File menu > Preferences > Downloads > Download region - change it
* Verify game cache: From steam app: Library tab > Prison Architect - right click > Properties > Local Files > Verify game cache

If, however, the mods are there on disk, and not showing up in game menus, then:

* Try deleting them so steam will re-download them
* If still failing, you'll have to get in touch with Introversion for help as it's a bug in the game itself
Brento666
level3
level3

Re: Steam Workshop mods not showing ingame.

Postby Brento666 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi runnre,
that's some strange stuff, I have had no troubles at all getting mods. Since your post is a few days old, maybe you already got it working, but incase you haven't...

-Are you maybe subscribing to mods while in-game (in steam overlay)? If that's the case, you'll have to exit the game... then the stuff gets downloaded when you restart the game.
-If you're subscribing from a browser; maybe try another brand?

As you already reinstalled, and it still doesn't seem to work, I do have some other questions;
-Have you perhaps moved the "User folder" structure to another drive?
(I have a machine with system on ssd and users on hdd; my setup works fine for me. But it is not advised or supported.)
-Have you made other changes to your system, that would stray from the norm?
-Could it be a firewall (setting) you're using?
-Or a paranoid virus scanner?
->Does subscribing to workshop items work for all your other games?

If you're browsing the workshop in the steam client, you should definitely try the things Aubergine18 points out...

Hope you get it working!

Return to “Modding”