[mod request] Weekly Schedules

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

Rokye
level0

[mod request] Weekly Schedules

Postby Rokye » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:21 pm

Now I don't know if this is already a thing (I've searched and I cant find it if it is...)

Its a pretty basic Idea, and if it isn't a thing im surprised no one has done it yet.

As it stands at the moment, you can only set a daily Schedule (or Regime) for your prisoners, and there are no 'days' in terms of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Ect, just Day 1, 2, 3, and so forth.

my suggestion for a mod is to add a weekly schedule. which would look a little like a calendar for your inmates. so that you can squeeze more things into your Regime.

Say for example Monday - Friday you have more working hours and less free time, then more free time over the weekend.

in addition to this it would also be nice to give different kinds of prisoners different regimes, say high threat prisoners less free time and more lock up time, and then lower threat ones more free time.

on a side note, If its possible as well, it would be cool to go more in to depth and add a the months and seasons into it, which would be a cool way to add a temperature system, in the winter it would become colder, so more heating inside the building would be needed to keep your prisoners happy.

Again, I apologise if any of this is already a thing, I haven't seen anything on it.
Brento666
level3
level3

Re: [mod request] Weekly Schedules

Postby Brento666 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:41 pm

Thought I'd give others a chance to reply first; far as I can see this is NOT already a 'thing'... this is more of a 'never gonna happen' thing...
->as in technically impossible to mod, and apart from that; a logical / logistical bridge too far for Introversion even (I'm guessing).

(!)You, as a player, would have to (also be able to) plan and adjust 7! days of programs. And with 7 days of varying programs, you would have to plan 7 days of guard deployments 2...

(Personally, even if I could mod in that kind of stuff, I wouldn't want to test or play with that high a level of micro-management.)

Granted, you could have a single setup for weekdays and one for weekends, to make it more manageable... You would need to convince Introversion of the coolness factor or necessity of this. As this kind of an addition to the game cannot be modded onto PA.

in addition to this it would also be nice to give different kinds of prisoners different regimes, say high threat prisoners less free time and more lock up time, and then lower threat ones more free time.

-this is already in the base game... you just need to set separate regimes for your low, max, super-max !

So at least some of your ideas are possible (and already implemented) :lol:
Trixi
level2
level2

Postby Trixi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:47 am

Well,

you can have different schedules for different type of prisoner. just click on the column in regime.

in fact you can run 5 different regimes: low, med, max, smax and prot.

This with your weekdays is just impossable for mods, you can access gametime.
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:19 pm

If they ever implement that often requested feature of "Work or Lockup" instead of assuming free time for any prisoner not working, then it would be simple to zone work areas for particular categories of prisoner only, leaving some categories with no ability to work and therefore they would be in their cells.

Return to “Modding”