[MOD] AutoIntake

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

keving
level0

[MOD] AutoIntake

Postby keving » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:07 pm

Hey all,

Personally big fan of Prison Architect, but got really annoyed by having to manually adjust the prisoner intake every day and figure out the exact right ratio.
I decided to make a mod to solve this problem, however the current modding capabilities does not allow such features.

This mod is developed using reverse engineering and I hope the features are within the accepted bounds of hacking. If not I will gladly remove it.
It was a bit more challenging than thought at first, the game does not store in global memory the number of assigned rooms to each level of security inmates, only when you hover your mouse over the prisoner info panel.
Therefor a simple memory trainer would not be sufficient.
The mod loads a DLL into the game which then handles the intake process automaticly to fill your prison exactly. So in a way its more of a bot than a mod :)

Spare shared room is assigned to low security inmates for now.
Protected/supermax/holding rooms are not supported at the moment, I might add some more things later.

To run the mod simply put the autointake.dll file in the same directory as prisonarchitect, and then start the loader.exe after you started prisonarchitect.
(For steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Prison Architect)
It should work for both the steam and standalone version, however it has not been tested extensively on the steam version.

Make sure you do not have intake set to none.

Source and binaries can be found on github: https://github.com/kevincodux/autointake/releases
Please note I have been out of the C++/RE scene for a very long time so the code is far from optimized and clean.

Enjoy :)
knoest26
level5
level5

Re: [MOD] AutoIntake

Postby knoest26 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:50 pm

nice mod
julianschiavo123senior
level1
level1

Re: [MOD] AutoIntake

Postby julianschiavo123senior » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:20 pm

keving wrote:Hey all,
[...]
Source and binaries can be found on github: https://github.com/kevincodux/autointake/releases
[...]
Enjoy :)

Could you make a mac version?

Return to “Modding”