Making the game grab lua files?

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

Striket1234
level1
level1

Making the game grab lua files?

Postby Striket1234 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:49 am

I am creating a lua script that is primarily for creating jobs. How do I make sure that the game is pulling info from the script? For example: If I name it Build.lua, how would I go and get the game to use the script? I know how it works when making custom properties and having the game pull scripts from a folder, but I don't know how it works when it comes to job creation. I know this is kind of confusing to listen too, but do you know what I mean?

Thanks for reading it.

-Striket1234
Chad
level3
level3

Re: Making the game grab lua files?

Postby Chad » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:49 am

Striket1234 wrote:I am creating a lua script that is primarily for creating jobs. How do I make sure that the game is pulling info from the script? For example: If I name it Build.lua, how would I go and get the game to use the script? I know how it works when making custom properties and having the game pull scripts from a folder, but I don't know how it works when it comes to job creation. I know this is kind of confusing to listen too, but do you know what I mean?

Thanks for reading it.

-Striket1234

To make the answer short: this is not possible.

Long answer: there where several threads about that not long ago. Search them for more detailed answer ;)
NXXR
level0

Postby NXXR » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:43 pm

Hey I'm fairly new to modding and barely worked with all this stuff but couldn't you create a "dummy"-Object with the "scripted" property that runs your lua code on it's Create() function? all you'd need was to place the dummy-Object in your maps to run your scripts.

~NXXR
Sumurai8
level2
level2

Postby Sumurai8 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:25 am

NXXR wrote:Hey I'm fairly new to modding and barely worked with all this stuff but couldn't you create a "dummy"-Object with the "scripted" property that runs your lua code on it's Create() function? all you'd need was to place the dummy-Object in your maps to run your scripts.

~NXXR

Yes, but there is only soo much you can do with that though.

Return to “Modding”