[MOD] I'll drink to that

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

Puman
level1
level1

[MOD] I'll drink to that

Postby Puman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Failing a more advanced mod because of a triviality, I instead created this simpler mod:

A drink machine that actually gives out drinks to thirsty workers, letting them rejuvenate (and get back to work faster!)
It does come with a downside however, your guards are sloppy and will just throw the used soda can wherever they feel.
- Will need to be refilled by a worker.
- Needs electricity.
- The local dentist association has set up a 2 cans / day limit.
- A nearby garbage can is recommended

Will work with existing drink machines, no special changes needed. Might not work flawlessly if there are several machines in close proximity of each other.

Enjoy!

Steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =324119672

zino98
level0

Re: [MOD] I'll drink to that

Postby zino98 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:34 am

can i have a direct download? my steam subscription thing isnt working
Puman
level1
level1

Postby Puman » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:15 pm

zino98 wrote:can i have a direct download? my steam subscription thing isnt working

I think you can use this homepage to download any Steam Workshop content: http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Just wanted to say that this is one of my favorite mods, in that if I installed it in somebodies game they would not notice and assume 'that is just the way the vending machine works'. It does not feel like a hack so much as adding something that is missing.
Puman
level1
level1

Postby Puman » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:36 pm

lugaru wrote:Just wanted to say that this is one of my favorite mods, in that if I installed it in somebodies game they would not notice and assume 'that is just the way the vending machine works'. It does not feel like a hack so much as adding something that is missing.

Thanks, very nice to hear! :D

I do try to make my mods as close to a natural addition of content as possible, adding things that I myself would like to have seen added to the game. One thing that makes it possible is of course that I am a quite (others often say very) capable programmer. I know how to make the mods behave well and be as stable as is possible in the mod-system. Making them work through save games can for example be a major part of the code.

The other more important thing is I put a lot of extra effort and go quite a few extra miles to make the mod be balanced. I give my mods not just a one-sided positive effect, because I think balance equals fun in the long term.

Now there are of course still things that could be improved in this mod! But I have more mods coming up and very limited time to make mods in, so I have to prioritize :? I welcome help if someone is interested in improving any of my mods. This mod could use:
- better graphics
- sounds (haven't fiddled with adding sound effects yet, no good documentation in existance)
- throwing trash in a trash can if one is nearby

Return to “Modding”