[Mod Request] Movers Mod

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

muditk
level0

[Mod Request] Movers Mod

Postby muditk » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:30 pm

Dear Sirs & Madams or the Mod Community, I present a humble Mod Request.

Name: [MODDER"S NAME]'s Movers Mod

Short Description: Adds Mover as a Job for inmates. Movers help to move items from one location to another.

Movers will complete simple movement tasks. Bring X from A to B. Essentially this is a supporting role to the staff.
For example, Move Sheet Metal from Workshop Saw, Cut Metal Sheets to Workshop Press, License plates to Exports.
This can expand to wood,cut wood, superior beds, ingredients, cooked food, garbage,cleaning supplies etc.

An advanced treatment would also be possible.

Inmates could use equipment to carry more items at a time.
Inmates could be trained to use some kind of mechanised equipment which would make them travel faster.

A possible effect on the laundry system could be that Laundry workers just process the clothing within the laundry room itself. The collection and distribution is taken over by the movers.
So the laundry workers place clean sets into Clean Cupboards. Movers distribute the clean sets. Movers collect the dirty sets. Laundry workers collect dirty laundry from Dirty Cupboards.

To take it even further, if an inmate has maintained good behaviour, has Mover experience, and is about to be released, the inmate can undergo a "Mover to Worker" reform program. If successful, when the inmate is released, he can be hired as a Worker. Or maybe a "Mover Foreman" course which makes the inmate a Mover Foreman.

Why this mod should be made:

1) It improves prison efficiency by helping out with 'simple' movement tasks. Thus freeing up staff for more 'complex' tasks.
2) Provides another no-training-required job for inmates.
3) It has possibilities for new equipment.
4) It has possibilities for new reform programs.
5) It has implications in the late game of actually hiring back inmates as staff.
6) It is a mod that the Modder can choose to take as deep or as shallow as they want.

THANK YOU FOR READING!

pls pls make the mod pls pls
rsdworker
level3
level3

Re: [Mod Request] Movers Mod

Postby rsdworker » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:07 pm

sounds nice and have link?
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:51 pm

rsdworker wrote:sounds nice and have link?

There is no link... it's a request to the modders to create it.

muditk wrote:Dear Sirs & Madams or the Mod Community, I present a humble Mod Request.

Name: [MODDER"S NAME]'s Movers Mod

Short Description: Adds Mover as a Job for inmates. Movers help to move items from one location to another.

I've thought of making a mod like this, not only movers but hiring prisoners as workmen... it's pretty much the only job in the prison that they can't do lol.

But something like this is beyond my current knowledge. I plan to start learning LUA and scripting on my vacation, but that's not for a while.
muditk
level0

Postby muditk » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:14 pm

EDIT: Just checked that he has not logged in since 2015. So that was a dumb move. Also didn't realize that replying to the thread would take it to the top of the forum. So hopefully people see this.

Hey, was wondering if you'd made any progress.

Also, could you point me at some good resources to learn how to mod? I have been trying to create a simple version of this myself. But have not made much progress.

Do you think I should re-post this mod request?

Return to “Modding”