Help with slow down time mod

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

HawkeDB
level1
level1

Help with slow down time mod

Postby HawkeDB » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:57 am

I have looked on steam and in these forums (and developer forum) for a mod that will slow time but I couldn't find one, instead I found mods that speed up movement on tiles and so forth, but nothing based on slowing time.

Here's the situation.

Right now, the clock moves at a speed of 1 real time seconds = 2 in game minutes.

Have you watched one of the cooks clean a serving plate? it takes them 10 (in game) minutes. Yeah, Right. If you were a cook and it took you that long to clean 1 plate I'd fire your ass. lol
Have you ever set the eating time to be 1 hour? People are left without getting food even though there are tons of servings. I always have eating time 2-3 hours so everyone can eat because prisoners dick around for 10-20 min (5-10 seconds real time) before they even go for the serving counter.

Ok enough preamble. Time moves way too fricking fast. I only speed up time during the night if I'm not building and everyone is asleep, otherwise I always keep time on normal speed.

Instead of time set at 1 sec=2 min I would like to play with the base speed to see what is a good speed for realism, maybe setting 5 sec=1 min which means a cook takes 1 min to wash a plate - still too long, but more reasonable than 10 min.

Anyone help please?
Anyone?
Bueller?
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Re: Help with slow down time mod

Postby blipadouzi » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:12 pm

I don't think it is possible to change the game speed without directly editing the EXE file.

I checked quickly and I didn't find any settings to change the speed at which the dishes get cleaned. That being said I had a question for you. Are you sure it's taking the cook 10 (in-game) minutes to was 1 tray and not 10 minutes to was a stack of trays? 1 stack has 20 trays in it (assuming the stack is full)
HawkeDB
level1
level1

Postby HawkeDB » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Ya actually, because I moused over the stack, and it showed 34 trays, watched the guy wash a dish and then it moved over to the clean pile, and then he had 33 trays left. It was funny. I never noticed that before, but that's not the only reason I wanted to slow time, also because of the speed at which guys eat, they all do things pretty well, but the clock moves too fast for realism.

Maybe I should just try the mod that adds speed to floor tiles and see if that helps, if I can't change the clock speed.
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:57 pm

We always have a similar problem with The Sims games. The only solution has been to keep setting the clock back a minute every two minutes. We've never been able to override the engine ticks.
HawkeDB
level1
level1

Postby HawkeDB » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:07 pm

Ok well thanks guys for the help, I suppose for now I will use (I forgot the name of the author) the faster movement mod so at least the prisoners can get where they need to be faster so as to maybe only have a 2 hour lunch period per group, and I can figure out the logistics of the regime better.

Thanks again.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:21 pm

HawkeDB wrote:Ok well thanks guys for the help, I suppose for now I will use (I forgot the name of the author) the faster movement mod so at least the prisoners can get where they need to be faster so as to maybe only have a 2 hour lunch period per group, and I can figure out the logistics of the regime better.

Thanks again.

I made that mod :P
sirNoolas
level1
level1

Postby sirNoolas » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:28 am

I guess there is a way:

All actions done by entities have a time specified on how long it takes to do it. You could make a mod overriding all standard actions in the game with shorter actiontimes. (making a production.txt file and setting all OperatingTime properties from processors to something lesser...)

EDIT: I checked it and unfortunately this only works for the workshop and laundry tasks.... the other jobs would be specified in jobs.txt. Maybe there is a way to force the game to use the custom jobs.txt ?

maybe this helped?

Return to “Modding”