[Idea] Emergency Management / Life Safety Systems

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

aparthree
level0

[Idea] Emergency Management / Life Safety Systems

Postby aparthree » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:46 am

I've been playing since some of the early Alpha's and am impressed with the progress of the game. I am comfortable "coding" in HTML, even though I don't really consider that coding haha. I've looked over the code for the Panic Button mod that was released and will start playing around with it to see if any of the below is possible. I might be successful in coming up with something crude... although there seem to be a few talented modders out there that might maybe this will spark their interest?

It might make sense to split this into two mods or keep it as one.

It would add to the research "Emergency Management" or a similar title. Emergency Management would enable the following:

-Panic Button
-Medical Response Button
-Fire Alarm System
-Fire Suppression System
-Evacuation Button

-Adds position "emergency management director"
-Uses the power switch, "wet" sprinkler, "dry" sprinkler
-Adds a ABC/dry chem tank run pipes to the "dry" sprinkler"
-Adds a alarm indicator (new graphic that has functions of a status light)
-Triggers "lockdown" alarm or if we can add new sound files for each alarm?
-All of the below accept wiring / manual activation and shut-down
-Adds evacuation zone that can be placed or send to yard if not possible

Panic Button

Going off the existing mod (if that's allowed?) I figured we could use the power switch. Remove the handle or leave it? Change the light to a glowing blue for a non-activated mode. When pressed automatically or manually (right click) it changes to red and flashes if that's possible? This triggers an alarm noise (lockdown) or if we can add new audio a new steady alarm. The rest of the mod can function as it currently does. Sends help within the distance until everything is OK.

Medical Response Button

Going off the power switch idea. Use a green medical cross or emblem. Box on the wall. When manually activated it summonses all the doctors to the room or area. Maybe this can be setup for a time? 60 seconds and they can clear, or manual reset of the alarm sends them back to whatever they were doing? With the recent Alpha's the medical system seems to be working better... people get sent there for treatment, guards seek treatment. The only time this maybe practical is for large riots where you have a lot of people unconcious and there is transport backlog. Maybe could auto summons the medical staff from the emergency menu along with doctors?

Fire Alarm System

Use the power switch. The light can be gray or white or maybe just a symbol. When activated it turns red and flashes/blinks. This can be wired to status lights or create a new object called an alarm light that blinks when triggered. This would be manually activated or activated if a fire is detected. Ideally you could wire the sprinklers to the switch and when the sprinkler activates the alarm activates. When activated it tells everyone in the area except fire fighters to leave to the yard (or evacuation zone).
Deactivated when the sprinkler stops, or manually clicked off.

Fire Suppression System

Use the existing sprinklers. Create a new "dry" sprinkler. Link this to a tank that has ABC dry chem or ansul. This can be used where water would trigger a fire... power station, kitchen, ect. When activated, instead of water, white powder effect if we can do it? This would need to be cleaned up by janitors after activated. Triggers automatically. Can be triggered manually by a switch attached to the tank.

Evacuation Button

Use the power switch. Maybe only allow one of these to be placed? When activated it will interrupt everything and send everyone in the prison except guards, warden, doctors, to a room called evacuation zone. Everyone goes to the area until the alarm is deactivated. Not practical, but could be fun to experiment with. Accepts wiring so you can run it to status lights or alarm lights throughout the prison.

Just some ideas I wanted to float around and see if there was an interest for this? Maybe add the ability for "disasters". Spawn a fire or have prisoners set fires in their cells or through destroying equipment in the kitchen. If a power station surges, it triggers a fire?
iScripters
level2
level2

Re: [Idea] Emergency Management / Life Safety Systems

Postby iScripters » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:55 am

I'm liking all of those, sadly I won't be able to help coding :(
sirNoolas
level1
level1

Postby sirNoolas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:48 am

These are all very nice ideas! I am willing to dive into it, but i don't consider myself a 'talented modder' (im just below average id say)

A few small portions won't be possible yet in the current modding system, but if you decide to work with me, we'll work that out. :wink:
sirNoolas
level1
level1

Postby sirNoolas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:36 am

Here you have my quick evaluation: (sorry for being short,schematic and rude) (this is all based on my own knowledge. I might be entirely wrong in some statements :s)

aparthree wrote:Panic Button

Going off the existing mod (if that's allowed?) I figured we could use the power switch. Remove the handle or leave it? Change the light to a glowing blue for a non-activated mode. When pressed automatically or manually (right click) it changes to red and flashes if that's possible? This triggers an alarm noise (lockdown) or if we can add new audio a new steady alarm. The rest of the mod can function as it currently does. Sends help within the distance until everything is OK.

- Lights can't be emitted yet --> can be done through sprite changing
- yes it is allowed to take a mod and change it to improve it, especially in this case because the mod won't be continued by the introversion crew (I think) (Not sure whether everyone would like you, but for me it is in this case acceptable)
- not sure if manual activation by player is possible: I'd say not
- I do think alarm noises are possible to implement. Haven't tried it yet

aparthree wrote:Medical Response Button

Going off the power switch idea. Use a green medical cross or emblem. Box on the wall. When manually activated it summonses all the doctors to the room or area. Maybe this can be setup for a time? 60 seconds and they can clear, or manual reset of the alarm sends them back to whatever they were doing? With the recent Alpha's the medical system seems to be working better... people get sent there for treatment, guards seek treatment. The only time this maybe practical is for large riots where you have a lot of people unconcious and there is transport backlog. Maybe could auto summons the medical staff from the emergency menu along with doctors?

- yes probably possible. can be done for all entities
- I've tried, but haven't been successful yet at summoning call-outs from lua... I guess its therefore not possible

aparthree wrote:Fire Alarm System

Use the power switch. The light can be gray or white or maybe just a symbol. When activated it turns red and flashes/blinks. This can be wired to status lights or create a new object called an alarm light that blinks when triggered. This would be manually activated or activated if a fire is detected. Ideally you could wire the sprinklers to the switch and when the sprinkler activates the alarm activates. When activated it tells everyone in the area except fire fighters to leave to the yard (or evacuation zone).
Deactivated when the sprinkler stops, or manually clicked off.

- activated when fire nearby? Yeah, fair enough. this can be done
- again: manual will be a problem
- wire sprinklers? um.... nnnyeeeah.... maybe... with some programming you could maybe get there. It won't show up as a physical wire, but I think it is possible to switch the sprinklers to activated state.... (or pseudo make it work)
- evacuating: yes, possible
-wires have always caused problems for me, I guess wires don't like me. Or its just not possible

aparthree wrote:Fire Suppression System

Use the existing sprinklers. Create a new "dry" sprinkler. Link this to a tank that has ABC dry chem or ansul. This can be used where water would trigger a fire... power station, kitchen, ect. When activated, instead of water, white powder effect if we can do it? This would need to be cleaned up by janitors after activated. Triggers automatically. Can be triggered manually by a switch attached to the tank.

- dry sprinklers are possible with scripting. addressing all fires near to it and assigning a random chance of putting it out? yeah, can be done
- piping and stuff? I didn't try it yet, but I think its an even bigger problem than wiring
- white powder? hmmm, yeah

aparthree wrote:Evacuation Button

Use the power switch. Maybe only allow one of these to be placed? When activated it will interrupt everything and send everyone in the prison except guards, warden, doctors, to a room called evacuation zone. Everyone goes to the area until the alarm is deactivated. Not practical, but could be fun to experiment with. Accepts wiring so you can run it to status lights or alarm lights throughout the prison.

- I'm not sure if it is possible to cancel all jobs, but you could make something of the evacuation thing. granted

aparthree wrote:Just some ideas I wanted to float around and see if there was an interest for this? Maybe add the ability for "disasters". Spawn a fire or have prisoners set fires in their cells or through destroying equipment in the kitchen. If a power station surges, it triggers a fire?

maybe... I guess some strange code construction would work

I hope this helps a little?

Return to “Modding”