[Mod] Contraband room mod

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

blipadouzi
level4
level4

[Mod] Contraband room mod

Postby blipadouzi » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:56 am

Where does all that contraband go after you confiscate it? Into storage of course, ready to be exploited by any prisoner willing to risk breaking into it.

It's simple enough, a 4x4 (minimum) room that contains every possible kind of contraband... it's up to you to keep it safe. (or not).

Download: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =313210900
Phraxas
level2
level2

Re: [Mod] Contraband room mod

Postby Phraxas » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:50 pm

Is this meant to be like a hard mode kind of mod? Why would I want to put a useless room down that dishes out contraband?
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:03 pm

Phraxas wrote:Is this meant to be like a hard mode kind of mod? Why would I want to put a useless room down that dishes out contraband?

Well... you don't have to use it if you don't want to. But the fact that 65 people have subscribed to it in less than 12 hrs says that someone wants it. :P

That being said, if you do want to try it, it's up to you to make it as easy or difficult as you'd like. Want to reduce contraband, then make it a staff only room with a remote door and armed guards inside.

Want to through a wrench into your game and give purpose to shakedowns? Then leave the door wide open.

It's up to you how you use the mod and/or if you use it at all :D
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:56 pm

No offense but I have a feeling those people think it's a system that makes contraband go to a room after it has been found. (that's what I thought until I was reminded that that's impossible)
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:07 pm

knoest26 wrote:No offense but I have a feeling those people think it's a system that makes contraband go to a room after it has been found. (that's what I thought until I was reminded that that's impossible)

No, that part of the description is just fluff to make it fit in with storyline and gameplay.
sirNoolas
level1
level1

Postby sirNoolas » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:52 am

I don't really see the use nor the realism in this mod... If i were a real warden i would dispose of the contraband as well after punishing someone. Just like the PA base game does as well
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:13 am

Well, I may have the wrong name for the room... but places like this do exist in prisons. Use the Prison Break tv series as an example.

When Michael was admitted into Fox River, all his possessions were put in bags and stored in a locker room. This later became important as he needed to break into that room to retrieve a watch (contraband).

A lot of contraband found during searches is destroyed, but most often not immediately. There would be a storage room of some sorts somewhere with items that would not be permitted in the cell blocks, whether these items were confiscated during searches or during admission.
Last edited by blipadouzi on Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
sirNoolas
level1
level1

Postby sirNoolas » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:16 am

Hmm, thats true, i guess i was wrong than :shock:
Squizzel
level1
level1

Postby Squizzel » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:08 am

I'd imagion Some things would be kept, for one reason or another.
mazetar
level2
level2

Postby mazetar » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:07 am

if/when events are added for things like contraband found, then you could easily make this into something worth using.

Before that, well then it's not much point inn it :P
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:08 am

The room in the prison break series is just a room that stores all personal possesions untill prisoners are released, that room is a staff-only zone and close to the edge of the prison.

And because the prisoner AI isn't smart enough to steal something (they just wander and then stumble across an opportunity. You should however be able to make it a room that prisoners will go to during a riot to get things, making it slightly functional

Return to “Modding”