Corruption/Organ Farming

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

Blackerture
level1
level1

Corruption/Organ Farming

Postby Blackerture » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:04 am

Crosspost from Dev forum modding sticky - apologies, I didn't spot this special modding forum until I had already posted.

So I'm slowly getting all the various assets ready for a corruption and organ farming mod I'm working on - not the most savoury of subjects, granted. But if you have the stomach for it, I would appreciate any expert tips I can get.

So far not having any issues with preparing all the objects and assets, sprites etc.. Where I am currently at a standstill is interrupting the vanilla process of events at the prison in order to carry out the organ farming.

Vanilla Death Process is outlined thus:

1) Inmate/Guard/Staff is killed
2) Corpse(s) may be taken to a hearse/may be taken to morgue and put on a slab
3) If corpse is taken to morgue put on a slab, its eventually transferred to hearse and driven away.

The process I would like the mod to implement is thus:

1) Inmate/Guard/Staff is killed
2) Corpse(s) ALWAYS taken to the morgue and put on a slab (unless they are full of corpses already)
3) Doctor comes in and removes one of 5 random organs.
4) Corpse is transferred to hearse and driven away.
5) Extracted organ is stored in deep freeze (I know - this is not realistic) and eventually dispatched for export.

So my question is.. Is it possible yet, under the current modding framework, to alter the existing processes within the prison, and in which file(s) are these logical processes defined? Also how does the game define the dead?.. are they just entities with zero toughness remaining?...

Any light shed on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
agent waffles
level0

Re: Corruption/Organ Farming

Postby agent waffles » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:49 am

You would have to make a new production rule that sends a harvested corpse to the hearse. The best way to make this happen would be with a new condition on the production rule but we currently cannot make new conditions.

So currently your best bet would to process a corpse into an object that can be differentiated once its organ is harvested. I'm not sure if this is possible right now either so really not sure what you can do.
agent waffles
level0

Postby agent waffles » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:56 am

Upon a little research I think I have a solution for you. Message me on steam and we can talk.
Phraxas
level2
level2

Postby Phraxas » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:47 am

agent waffles wrote:Message me on steam and we can talk.

I think the rest of us would really prefer to see solutions posted here.

Also, you could just make a custom morgue slab that converts bodies into organs. You wouldn't have a harvested body, but eh.. I think getting the organs is the important part.
agent waffles
level0

Postby agent waffles » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:06 am

They way I think it would work is you have the corpses taken to the morgue with a high priority production rule. Then use the morgue slab as a processor to change the prisoner object into a different object and an organ (I think you can have more than one output not sure though). Then another rune that puts the new object into the hearse. Or if you wanted could just be discarded with the rest of the trash...
Blackerture
level1
level1

Postby Blackerture » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:38 pm

Wow - thanks for all the helpful replies. Sorry for the late reply - late nite :D

I agree with the production rule approach - I need to check out how they work and then I think I can patch together a workable solution.

Edit: Such a shame about not being able to set new conditions yet.. That would be the perfect, most elegant and streamlined solution. I really hope that gets introduced soon.

Again, my sincere thanks - will keep you posted when it's finished and released on Steam.

Agent Waffles - happy to chat on steam any time - just add me.

Edit #2: Basically I got the whole thing ready to go except the script which sets the new condition(s).. It's the only way to go if I want the corpse left as a corpse and taken away in a hearse, as normal.. so obstensibly it appears nothing has been taken from it - don't forget this is all supposed to be happening pretty much secretly - bin bags full of what used to be people would be a dead giveaway :shock: :shock: lolz
Phraxas
level2
level2

Postby Phraxas » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:21 pm

Blackerture wrote:dead giveaway

Ahah.. I see what you did there. lol
Blackerture
level1
level1

Postby Blackerture » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Phraxas wrote:Ahah.. I see what you did there. lol

Hehehe yeh sry bout that :D

So, anyway.. Here's what I'm gonna do - I'm gonna wait until the next build is released - see what happens with the sprite handing improvements etc (vital if we're gonna use more than one mod at a time).. I'm also gonna PRAY to the Introversion gods that they include condition changes in A.25 - or at least mention it... If not, then I will have a little cry, then take either the bin bag approach or the corpse-consuming approach.

This mod will be released eventually - I promise - keep your eye out for it on steam - it's called "Project: Long Shadow".. and this, my fiends, is only the beginning. *cue evil laugh *cough *exit page left
Phraxas
level2
level2

Postby Phraxas » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:51 am

Oh, I'm sure they will fix the sprites issue. They practically promised it next patch. And improving on modding functionality is just a logical step from the last patch.
Blackerture
level1
level1

Postby Blackerture » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:51 pm

Phraxas wrote:Oh, I'm sure they will fix the sprites issue. They practically promised it next patch. And improving on modding functionality is just a logical step from the last patch.

Yes. I love your frank optimism. Fingers x'd here's hoping for the best :D

Edit: From now on I'm gonna listen to this before every visit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od_6M8cFdUA

Return to “Modding”