[MOD] [V1.6.1] Computers and More Mod!

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

dsdude123
level2
level2

[MOD] [V1.6.1] Computers and More Mod!

Postby dsdude123 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:10 am

Version 1.6.1 has been released! See below for new changes!

Bring the power of electronics to your prison! They can help satisfy a prisoners need for family (chatting via internet) and recreation (computer games). This mod should be compatible with most if not all mods. If you find a compatibility issue or another mod that adds similar content, let me know so I can make sure all conflicts are fixed!

DOWNLOAD:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =308111558
NON-STEAM DOWNLOADS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xcjpmmiaxhua ... D2ATa?dl=0

What's new in version 1.6.1:
*Added animated TV objects
*Added Flat-Screen TV

ATTENTION! ACHTUNG!:
If your prison has Documents, OldDocuments, or DocumentExports stuck in the corner of the map and your workman are unable to move them, then your prison save file needs editing. Please see the discussion on the Steam workshop page for instructions.
Last edited by dsdude123 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Phraxas
level2
level2

Re: [MOD] [WIP] Computers and More Mod!

Postby Phraxas » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:21 am

Ahah, this is one of the things I wanted. I'm assuming the computer could be used to talk to family and to play games to reduce fun.

For the contraband, have you tried mimicking the Trowel by creating equipment with certain properties added to them? That's just how I'd think it would work right now. I'd also think that staff would be just an object defined as being part of a work group. Then for the computer or job, you can specify that object as being the one to perform it.
dsdude123
level2
level2

Re: [MOD] [WIP] Computers and More Mod!

Postby dsdude123 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:27 am

Phraxas wrote:Ahah, this is one of the things I wanted. I'm assuming the computer could be used to talk to family and to play games to reduce fun.

For the contraband, have you tried mimicking the Trowel by creating equipment with certain properties added to them? That's just how I'd think it would work right now. I'd also think that staff would be just an object defined as being part of a work group. Then for the computer or job, you can specify that object as being the one to perform it.

Thanks for the input, I never actually thought of the Trowel. Speaking of the vegetable patch mod, I made sure that this mod is fully compatible with it.
BigGiantRobots
level0

Re: [MOD] [WIP] [V0.1.0] Computers and More Mod!

Postby BigGiantRobots » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:44 am

hi there, i have been working on a mod that uses computers in a different way. mine is a reform class for basic computer skills taught by a teacher.

i was unaware of and just came across this mod so i figured maybe combining the two could make sense. it'd make it possible for example to give minsec computer rooms and classes, and maxsec just classes with no free access to the computers.

i have mine up and running, except for one thing, i designed a sprite using the workshop saw table minus saw with the computers and books from office desks i made a 3x1 table with 2 computers and 1 set of books for 2 prisoners, and 2 prisoners working on 1 object at the same time cannot currently be done it turns out....still, all i have to do to fix that is make a smaller table with 1 computer.

so that brings me to where i currently am, do you feel like a reform program would be an addition to your mod? if so cool, i can fix the table stuff and send you the files. i can easily mod the sprites or you can use yours ofcourse, that'd make sense considering all the other stuff you have planned. my sprites are mostly cannibalized existing assets turned into something else.

if not i might still publish it but i personally think it works better as a part of your mod

anyway, what do you think?

here's the sprite (looking at it now the table should only have outer legs, but moot point):

here's the class running ingame:
dsdude123
level2
level2

Re: [MOD] [WIP] [V0.1.0] Computers and More Mod!

Postby dsdude123 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:43 am

BigGiantRobots wrote:hi there, i have been working on a mod that uses computers in a different way. mine is a reform class for basic computer skills taught by a teacher.

i was unaware of and just came across this mod so i figured maybe combining the two could make sense. it'd make it possible for example to give minsec computer rooms and classes, and maxsec just classes with no free access to the computers.

i have mine up and running, except for one thing, i designed a sprite using the workshop saw table minus saw with the computers and books from office desks i made a 3x1 table with 2 computers and 1 set of books for 2 prisoners, and 2 prisoners working on 1 object at the same time cannot currently be done it turns out....still, all i have to do to fix that is make a smaller table with 1 computer.

so that brings me to where i currently am, do you feel like a reform program would be an addition to your mod? if so cool, i can fix the table stuff and send you the files. i can easily mod the sprites or you can use yours ofcourse, that'd make sense considering all the other stuff you have planned. my sprites are mostly cannibalized existing assets turned into something else.

if not i might still publish it but i personally think it works better as a part of your mod

anyway, what do you think?

here's the sprite (looking at it now the table should only have outer legs, but moot point):

here's the class running ingame:

I would be perfectly fine with combining our two mods. I actually have a person on Reddit who might be interested in doing the same. I could use your computers as training computers and then have mine as the fully function computers. As for the course I had some people on Steam who wanted computer courses so that would work great! I would probably rename the course to "General Computer Classes" though because they wanted multiple different classes.

Anyways, lets get down to business. What is your name on Steam? I would like to send you a friend request so I can add you to the contributors list (or co-author if you wish :) ) Is what I have proposed above fine with you? (as in the course name change and the use as a training computer)

knoest26
level5
level5

Re: [MOD] [WIP] [V0.1.1] Computers and More Mod!

Postby knoest26 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:03 pm

His steam name is the same as his forum name (BigGiantRobots)
BigGiantRobots
level0

Postby BigGiantRobots » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:16 pm

I would be perfectly fine with combining our two mods. I actually have a person on Reddit who might be interested in doing the same. I could use your computers as training computers and then have mine as the fully function computers. As for the course I had some people on Steam who wanted computer courses so that would work great! I would probably rename the course to "General Computer Classes" though because they wanted multiple different classes.

Anyways, lets get down to business. What is your name on Steam? I would like to send you a friend request so I can add you to the contributors list (or co-author if you wish :) ) Is what I have proposed above fine with you? (as in the course name change and the use as a training computer)

Sounds like a plan to me. No problem on the namechange and how to use the graphics. I don't know about co-author just yet, i don't think i did that much.

Friend me on Steam and let's get the ball rolling sir!
dsdude123
level2
level2

Postby dsdude123 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:18 pm

BigGiantRobots wrote:

Sounds like a plan to me. No problem on the namechange and how to use the graphics. I don't know about co-author just yet, i don't think i did that much.

Friend me on Steam and let's get the ball rolling sir!

I have sent the friend request.
BigGiantRobots
level0

Postby BigGiantRobots » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:56 pm

hello all,

i thought i'd post a little update to show what i've been up to and ask a question. i've been talking to dsdude and have made the changes he proposed and i'm just about ready to send my files to him for inclusion in the mod.

the big 3x1 table would be awesome and i'm keeping the sprite for later but it's just not doable atm so here's the new sprite:

and here's a class being taught:

and here we see the question part of the post come in; does anyone have any ideas about how to get the prisoners to face the right way and sit on the correct part of the sprite for the sideviews? is it even possible? the front and back views work fine, so i'd love to get that working so the computer desks can be used facing in all 4 directions.

any help/input would be greatly appreciated, especially if this is a job that would require a script on the object.
Phraxas
level2
level2

Postby Phraxas » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:03 pm

What are you talking about? Doesn't everyone sit on their computer to use it?

I believe the answer is something to do with slots. You need to establish a marker and designate it as a slot. Whether it's implemented that a job can include a slot or not is up for question.
dsdude123
level2
level2

Re: [MOD] [WIP] [V0.1.2] Computers and More Mod!

Postby dsdude123 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:01 am

Version 0.1.2 "Printing Education" Update

Here is some info about version 0.1.2:

Printers:

Printers will print documents every once in awhile. Workman and Prisoners can collect these documents and store them in a Filing Cabinet.

File Room:

The File Room is a room where Prisoners can work. Documents need to be collected from Printers and stored in Filing Cabinets. Workman can also perform these jobs.

Education:

Prisoners can now take a Basic Computer Class in a specialized Computer Classroom. The classroom needs cheaper Training Computers instead of regular computers.

Bureaucracy:

This mod now uses the bureaucracy system in Prison Architect. Research is needed to unlock the base mod as well as the features listed above. If you have a previous save with content from this mod, you should research this as soon as possible to avoid bugs.
Last edited by dsdude123 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matthijs
level0

Postby Matthijs » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:26 pm

The training computers seem to be broken:

dsdude123
level2
level2

Postby dsdude123 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:59 am

Matthijs wrote:The training computers seem to be broken:

Not sure why that is happening, are you running any other mods?
Matthijs
level0

Postby Matthijs » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:44 am

Only the vegetable patch mod. I deleted the file room because it caused my workers to be stuck on 'moving none to storage', after deleting the file room and selling all the printers the training computers are visible again.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:31 pm

multiple sprite mods aren't compatible yet

Return to “Modding”