[MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

nspangaa
level0
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:10 am

[MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby nspangaa » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:35 pm

I would really like those guard towers in the game, but I'm not much of a programmer.

I am however a graphic designer, so I did the graphics... Hope someone else will make the mod.
Image

Top part
Image

Bottom part
Image
Last edited by RGeezy911 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to the Modding forum.
User avatar
Phraxas
level2
level2
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:10 am
Location: USA - PA

Re: [MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby Phraxas » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:40 am

What exactly is it that you want a guard tower to do?

Great graphics btw. It's exactly what I envision a Prison Architect guard tower would be.
iScripters
level2
level2
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: [MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby iScripters » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:02 am

Maybe a guard tower is the only place where prison gates (you know, the big ones on the road) can be opened automatically from, if there's no guard tower next to it a guard has to do it manually
thekillergreece
level4
level4
Posts: 876
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:31 pm
Location: Ammm...Greece maybe?

Re: [MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:47 am

Excellent graphic design. Waiting for programmer to take over the idea and make proper guard tower :)
sirNoolas
level1
level1
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Re: [MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby sirNoolas » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:48 am

I'm busy working on this right now, but I'm not sure whether I will actually succeed.

I'll send you my files when I get it somewhat working
nspangaa
level0
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:10 am

Re: [MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby nspangaa » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:02 pm

sirNoolas wrote:I'm busy working on this right now, but I'm not sure whether I will actually succeed.

I'll send you my files when I get it somewhat working


Sounds great
User avatar
Phraxas
level2
level2
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:10 am
Location: USA - PA

Re: [MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby Phraxas » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:31 pm

I wanted to take this up, but I don't understand how someone can be "working on this" if we don't even know what the thing is supposed to do.
User avatar
knoest26
level5
level5
Posts: 1380
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby knoest26 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:53 pm

I really like the idea but I don't see how we can implement a proper use for it. The only thing I could imagine if it would increase the line of sight so fights would be noticed but fights are noticed regardsless if they are outside and I don't see why you would want a guard tower inside
User avatar
Phraxas
level2
level2
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:10 am
Location: USA - PA

Re: [MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby Phraxas » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:59 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking, but maybe it could also increase the range that an armed guard could fire his weapon or call out to make the prisoner stop.
User avatar
knoest26
level5
level5
Posts: 1380
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby knoest26 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:02 pm

Phraxas wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking, but maybe it could also increase the range that an armed guard could fire his weapon or call out to make the prisoner stop.

interesting idea but as for most ideas right now I don´t see a way of making this work right now. The only thing you could do is make a new entity go there with a sniper rifle and station him there but even then I doubt whether the entity would act as a guard and shoot or act as a cook and panic
User avatar
knoest26
level5
level5
Posts: 1380
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby knoest26 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:29 pm

I put a second thought in it and it might actually work, sirNoolas, how are things working out for you?
sirNoolas
level1
level1
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Re: [MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby sirNoolas » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:17 pm

knoest26 wrote:I put a second thought in it and it might actually work, sirNoolas, how are things working out for you?


Well, the other repliers in this topic are right in the fact that most ideas would'nt work as of yet.

I myself was thinking in similar directions about maybe a sniper with a bigger circle of visibility or something to do with road gates.

I was thinking of picking this up as a practice project, and as soon as more modding features are implemented I can test them on this mod.
User avatar
knoest26
level5
level5
Posts: 1380
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby knoest26 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:23 pm

sirNoolas wrote:
knoest26 wrote:I put a second thought in it and it might actually work, sirNoolas, how are things working out for you?


Well, the other repliers in this topic are right in the fact that most ideas would'nt work as of yet.

I myself was thinking in similar directions about maybe a sniper with a bigger circle of visibility or something to do with road gates.

I was thinking of picking this up as a practice project, and as soon as more modding features are implemented I can test them on this mod.

Do you want me to help you?
sirNoolas
level1
level1
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Re: [MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby sirNoolas » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:37 pm

knoest26 wrote:
sirNoolas wrote:
knoest26 wrote:I put a second thought in it and it might actually work, sirNoolas, how are things working out for you?


Well, the other repliers in this topic are right in the fact that most ideas would'nt work as of yet.

I myself was thinking in similar directions about maybe a sniper with a bigger circle of visibility or something to do with road gates.

I was thinking of picking this up as a practice project, and as soon as more modding features are implemented I can test them on this mod.

Do you want me to help you?



If possible yes! I've only just started to program games and mods, so all help is welcome!
Thank you
User avatar
knoest26
level5
level5
Posts: 1380
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Graphics for Guard Tower mod

Postby knoest26 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:39 pm

Add me on steam (Ruben Gass) so we can start a private chat

Return to “Modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests