[QUESTION] I have no idea what I'm doing

Discussion about Mods for Prison Architect

Moderator: NBJeff

KingS7ayer
level0

[QUESTION] I have no idea what I'm doing

Postby KingS7ayer » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:56 pm

As the title suggests.

I'm having trouble finding anything to help with what I want to do.

If anyone could point me in the direction of some resources that would be useful.

also FYI I want to make a mod that allows you to force prisoners to fight to earn you money, preferably in an allocated location.
Phraxas
level2
level2

Re: I have no idea what I'm doing

Postby Phraxas » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:53 am

As soon as I find out everything that I can, I'm going to make a video explaining everything I know. I'm sure there will be others doing the same thing..

Currently, the best thing you can do is to just go download the developer's mod: Gary's Amazing Vegetable Garden Mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=307279338

If you subscribe to that, it will download it. Then open up the game and go to extras > mods. You can open the mod directory from there and you will see a bunch of numbers which is the mod id. Inside of that directory are a bunch of files that are mostly self-explanatory. For example, inside the jobs.txt file is a block:

Code: Select all

BEGIN ProductionRule       
    Rule                 Storage
    Material             RawCabbage
    Container            PreparationTable
    Distribution         Random 
END

What this basically says is to store all raw cabbages found anywhere on the map in a random preparation table. Almost all of the data is done in this manner. So if you make a new folder and copy some of those files over and edit it / remove what you want, then you'll have your own new mod. This link will also help you find what can be done: http://devwiki.introversion.co.uk/pa/index.php/ModSchema

Some more complicated tasks such as making people fight each other (I'm assuming this would be a "Fight Club" reform program) might not be possible just yet. Seemingly, and I kind of want to try this out.. but it looks like you could have a box be the teacher due to it asking for any entity to be supplied as the teacher.. I really hope that's a hilarious and real bug.

Return to “Modding”