Pruvan
level2
level2

[MOD] Island Prison Architect A-25

Postby Pruvan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:26 pm

============
Short Description
============

This little overhaul mod lets you build a proper island prison, nicely isolated from civilized society. Download link and detailed description below. Huge thanks go out to _Jensuu for drawing the custom textures for this mod! This mod wouldn't look nearly as sexy without his help.

=============
Compatibility Notes
=============

Game version: Alpha-25b

This mod makes changes to the following files:

materials.txt
people.png
tileset.png

Any mods that make alterations to these files may experience conflicts.

=============
Longer Description
=============

This mod changes the default materials around and provides the necessary means to allow players to make the watery prison they've always dreamed of. A huge looming fortress on a deserted island, a peaceful beach resort for wealthy no-gooders to take a breather, a sinister (possibly haunted?) estate in the middle of an ominous swamp... You name it!

None of that hard-coded unremovable water here, all of our custom-made replaceable water is as easily removed as it's placed! On top of that, thanks to _Jensuu's amazing work, a bundle of custom-made textures help fully immerse you in your new watery surroundings.

All vehicles have been replaced with their boat counterparts, and a new custom-tailored "dock" material helps make your island prison look just that little bit sexier. Be sure to check out the screenshots on the Steam Workshop page to see his amazing work!

=============
Important To Know
=============

Basically, aside from manually editing your save file, there's no way for you to replace the water on the supply road with a different material. If you want to give that a try, you can read up on how to do so at the official wiki.

The custom water in this mod is replaceable and can be walked (swum) upon. This means your prisoners can escape by swimming to freedom. Keep this in mind when designing your prison.

Lakes placed by the game engine still use the default hard-coded unremovable water. Therefore, I highly recommend turning off "Generate Lakes" when choosing to play on a random map.

The map can be expanded in any direction and will randomly generate terrain, as per usual. However, the supply road will always be made of water. Keep this in mind when designing your prison as, again, this cannot be altered without manually editing your save file (see above).

=======
Download
=======

Download available on the Steam Workshop only.
Pruvan
level2
level2

Re: [MOD] Island Prison Architect A-25

Postby Pruvan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:43 am

Updated to Alpha-25.
Puman
level1
level1

Postby Puman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:09 pm

This is a really cool idea, I think water should be modifiable in the real game too.

If anyone is up for making some good looking shark sprites I promise I'll contribute a man-eating shark to add to the mod. Can't let them swim away now, can we? :D
MonkeyGaming
level0

Postby MonkeyGaming » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:54 pm

Puman wrote:This is a really cool idea, I think water should be modifiable in the real game too.

If anyone is up for making some good looking shark sprites I promise I'll contribute a man-eating shark to add to the mod. Can't let them swim away now, can we? :D

:lol: love that idea, TIME FOR A CASTLE PRISON! SHARK MOATS! YUS!... Wow I really am acting 4 years younger... :?
MonkeyGaming
level0

Postby MonkeyGaming » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:55 pm

Well, nice job, it looks great :D
WiseWoodrow
level2
level2

Postby WiseWoodrow » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:29 pm

Wow, that's amazing. I'm jealous of the great art work.

Return to “Modding”